Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junk/Spam Mail

Options
  • 28-05-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

this is doing my head in.
    every day when i check my porch for post its full of all sorts of leaflets, from pizza offers to taxi vouchers, clothing collections ect... im getting fed up throwing them in the bin so does anyone know how i contact an post to be added to the list of addresses that junk mail cant be delivered to?
    ive went through the an post site but cant find any info
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

An post don't operate an opt-out policy for their "Junk Mail Advertising service" as far as I am aware, what pisses me off most of all is I have to pay to get rid of this ****e 100% of which is ripped up as soon as I get it.

It also pisses me off when I think of the massive waste of paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

This is why everyone should have a fireplace.

Where are the green party?

They should have to have an opt out policy. In my area though, the pizza places sent around their own guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

we put a sign on our letter box saying no junk mail. it has stopped a lot of the junkmail comming through but we still get the odd bit . the sign has helped us so far so its not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

byrner88 wrote: »
    we put a sign on our letter box saying no junk mail. it has stopped a lot of the junkmail comming through but we still get the odd bit . the sign has helped us so far so its not too bad

thats something i was considering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I don't really care, I hate the old tennant mail more because I have to hang on to it for the landlord.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

thebman wrote: »
    I don't really care, I hate the old tennant mail more because I have to hang on to it for the landlord.

A simple "Not at this address, return to sender" would stop those coming back... I'd say a lot of them are repeat letters, statements from banks or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Hi folks,

I realise this thread is 2 months old but ive just created a website that will hopefully help tackle this problem if any of you are interested.

Link is in my signature...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

3.75 (incl postage) for a sticker !!

This should be in the rip-off Ireland forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

bigbadcon wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I realise this thread is 2 months old but ive just created a website that will hopefully help tackle this problem if any of you are interested.

Link is in my signature...

Fair play on the enterprise, but:

1. €3.75 for a sticker!
    2. This is an advertisement - go to adverts.ie if you want to sell something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement