Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Ireland to keep 3 Like Home

• 28-05-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭

There have been a few threads here about 3 networks getting rid of their 3 Like Home offer. 3 Ireland will be continuin to offer this service to its customers. www.three.ie/pricechanges

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Which seems like good news until you read the 'legal bit' on the 3 like home info page which states

'we reserve the right to add or remove participating networks and may suspend, amend or withdraw this promotion at any time.'

Promotion I think is the important word there - it implies that the service is a 'favour' 3 do for customers rather than part of the package you contract with them for. It basically seeks to indemnify them should they remove the service without notice.

I for one will still be keeping an eye on this one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ya its called the T's and C's. AFAIK every company has them.

With all due respect Walkman, your somewhat patronising response doesn't really address my point which was that the assurance that they are maintaining the service means nothing when they have that particular clause attached to it so I continue to question the point of the assurance. If their assurance was really serious and transparent they could easily amend the terms they attach to the service.

You can't deny the service could basically be gone tomorrow and they state that there is comeback for anyone who signed up with them on the basis of them providing this service.

I would also add that terms and conditions usually govern terms under which a given service is offered and the circumstances under which it may be withdrawn, they don't usually go to pains to distinguish a service as a 'promotion' as these ones do.

My original post was not ment as my assurance 3Like Home would be kept. I was only posting an updated link on their site which included the offer as people here were discussing the possibility of it being discontinued, and apologies for my second post the way you picked it up was not the way I ment it (although reading it I can see how you did)

Fair enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭maurice1

Well couldn't they afford to keep the 3 like home considering:
    Euro calls are going up from 39c to 52c
    Receive Euro calls up from 19c to 23c
    Voicemail from 0c to 10c

If 3 like home goes which is great for UK & NI I think I'll go too!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

While I'm glad to hear this, I am wary about the use of the word promotion like bluefrog. Hopefully they don't get rid of it as I think it gives them a real edge over the competition. Roaming charges suck balls and the less I have to run into them the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm with 3 in the UK and got a text last week, which had a link to a page on their mobile website. At the bottom of the blurb it stated that:

"finally because of the 3 Like home change, it's only fair that we point out your right to end your contract with us, without paying an early cancellation fee. However we are very much hope it won't come to that ...."

I use the 3 Like Home Service a lot since I regularly travel home to Dublin for weekends and ring back to the UK a lot. Without this service, there is nothing holding me to 3. I'll be cancelling my contract in the next few days and moving to Vodafone UK as they are now starting a promo offer similar to the 3 Like Home. Plus, they have a far greater variety of phones to chose from. I played about with the HTC Magic which is really cool. Gonna plum for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I have a T-Mobile G1 on the 3 network here (3Pay) and I do buy 1 months internet add-on for €10.

Im going to Scotland for a few days, is internet usage included in 3 Like Home when I have an add-on? or will I be charged per Kb/Mb?

http://www.three.ie/international/3pay.htm doesn't say, not that I can see anyway.

I have a T-Mobile G1 on the 3 network here (3Pay) and I do buy 1 months internet add-on for €10.

Im going to Scotland for a few days, is internet usage included in 3 Like Home when I have an add-on? or will I be charged per Kb/Mb?

http://www.three.ie/international/3pay.htm doesn't say, not that I can see anyway.

its included in your add on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Walkman wrote: »
    its included in your add on

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I would ring and check, because the 3 like home on the price changes page just talks about voice and text, it does not mention data.

A real blow if the data is gone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

At the moment the data does not seem to be affected by the changes on the various pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

TinCool wrote: »
    I'm with 3 in the UK and got a text last week, which had a link to a page on their mobile website. At the bottom of the blurb it stated that:

"finally because of the 3 Like home change, it's only fair that we point out your right to end your contract with us, without paying an early cancellation fee. However we are very much hope it won't come to that ...."

I use the 3 Like Home Service a lot since I regularly travel home to Dublin for weekends and ring back to the UK a lot. Without this service, there is nothing holding me to 3. I'll be cancelling my contract in the next few days and moving to Vodafone UK as they are now starting a promo offer similar to the 3 Like Home. Plus, they have a far greater variety of phones to chose from. I played about with the HTC Magic which is really cool. Gonna plum for that.

The Vodafone UK offer is only for this month, July and August.

While I'm glad to hear this, I am wary about the use of the word promotion like bluefrog. Hopefully they don't get rid of it as I think it gives them a real edge over the competition. Roaming charges suck balls and the less I have to run into them the better.

3UK also used the word "promotion". Nevertheless when they recently withdrew the facility after over three years, they were legally required to inform us of same and legally required to point out that we were legally entitled to leave *without penalty* despite the use of the word promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

culabula wrote: »
    The Vodafone UK offer is only for this month, July and August.

I went with O2 in the end. One of the deciding factors was general network coverage at my house. O2 won out so went with them. Perfectly happy now. Got a text from them yesterday saying they are switching me number over to them today so at some point today I will be free of 3 for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I almost went into a 3 store to join the network the other weekend until i saw 3 Like Home was discontinued in the UK.

It is the one single reason i was going to join the network so i emailed customer care asking if i joined does my contract have/could i have in my contract that either:

A) I am entitled to the 3 Like Home offer for as long as my contract lasts
    before renewal

or

B) I am able to terminate my contract if the 3 Like Home scheme is ended
    mid-way through my contract.

The response was:
    I can confirm that the 3Like Home Service for Ireland customers is still ongoing. Following is the link on our website to check the same.

Which doesn't give me much confidence in their customer support. They "answered" a question i didnt even ask!

Can anyone here fill me in??

I almost went into a 3 store to join the network the other weekend until i saw 3 Like Home was discontinued in the UK.

It is the one single reason i was going to join the network so i emailed customer care asking if i joined does my contract have/could i have in my contract that either:

A) I am entitled to the 3 Like Home offer for as long as my contract lasts
    before renewal

or

B) I am able to terminate my contract if the 3 Like Home scheme is ended
    mid-way through my contract.

The response was:
    I can confirm that the 3Like Home Service for Ireland customers is still ongoing. Following is the link on our website to check the same.

Which doesn't give me much confidence in their customer support. They "answered" a question i didnt even ask!

Can anyone here fill me in??

? What's the problem? 3UK doesn't offer it to its subs any more, 3 Ireland does. Relax and enjoy.

If they do terminate it, thus changing T&Cs, I cannot see how they could refuse to terminate the contract. When 3UK terminated it, they informed us all in good time by SMS, as they were legally obliged to, that we could leave the contract without penalty. This does not mean that when you eventually phone to quit, that they will not fight tooth and nail to keep you. In my case as was glad as I fought them down to 4GBP a month for 2,000 3-3 minutes, 250 ordinary minutes, 100 SMS, 25 MMS, 25 mins of video calling, 5GBP of downloads per month and unlimited internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Well it's just that Meteor's minutes, texts, and data packages (€15 for unlimited data!) out-do 3, and i would be worried that i'd be locked into a contract if the one service i want was removed or changed! Also i'm with Meteor now and it would be easier not to leave!

I just wanted to get someone's view on it cuz the threads i read on the UK sites were very negative about the whole experience, with some people claiming 3 wouldn't release them.

As long as i can get it in writing that i can terminate with no penalities if they remove the service, sorry - "promotion", then i'll join this weekend!

Well it's just that Meteor's minutes, texts, and data packages (€15 for unlimited data!) out-do 3, and i would be worried that i'd be locked into a contract if the one service i want was removed or changed! Also i'm with Meteor now and it would be easier not to leave!

I just wanted to get someone's view on it cuz the threads i read on the UK sites were very negative about the whole experience, with some people claiming 3 wouldn't release them.

As long as i can get it in writing that i can terminate with no penalities if they remove the service, sorry - "promotion", then i'll join this weekend!

Then it occurs to me that you stay with Meteor for ROI usage and also get a 3PAY SIM for calls and data in 3 countries, when travelling?

• Advertisement
Advertisement