Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comments made by moderators in After Hours

Options
  • 28-05-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

In the past two days, I have witnessed moderators (boneyarsebogman and Mr. Incognito) of After Hours make a sexist comment about the Ladies' Lounge and justifying unruly violence towards animals. I thought moderators were supposed to keep the peace, not express offensive opinions that could lead to arguments. The sexist comment suggests that women don't belong in After Hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you provide links please.

Those two users are not mods of afterhours, so did you report the posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    Nope, I didn't report them.

Animal comment
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055577102

If you're referring to his comment "It's more fun." - well this is After Hours. It's cheeky, irreverent and not to everyone's taste. I don't see the point of it at all, but others love it. I'd consider that comment as one of the least problematic posts there on any given day..

As has been pointed out, he's not a moderator on that forum, just a user...and I'd not take action against a user for that comment, in that thread, in that forum. Had it been made in Animals and Pets or similar, it's a different story.

Much the same theory applies here. He's not a mod of that forum, just another user. The post - well given the general tone of thread, it has to be taken as part of the general "rough and tumble" for the forum. For AH, it's not all that out of the ordinary or out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Please report any posts you may feel are out of order.
    That way an AH mod can get to it before it gets too far out of hand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Lorrs33
    It's After Hours.
    Where *almost* anything goes.
    If you don't like the comments either report them if they are against the Charter, or, don't read that forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement