Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Séamus Ó Grianna, anyone know his DOB in 1889?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there know what is Séamus Ó Grianna's date of birth in 1889 and death in 1969?
    And if you know that, then another one, what date was he married?
    This is not mentioned on the wikipedia site about the author http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9amus_%C3%93_Grianna

Thanks
    Cul a Cnoic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 the jam

Anyone out there know what is Séamus Ó Grianna's date of birth in 1889 and death in 1969?
    And if you know that, then another one, what date was he married?
    This is not mentioned on the wikipedia site about the author http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9amus_%C3%93_Grianna

Thanks
    Cul a Cnoic
    would this person be Seamus Green who wrote Caislean Oir

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

the jam wrote: »
    Yes, the very man, he used the pen name Máire

I knew this person as james green he was a patient in St Conals in the 80s in St Pauls ward I think he passed away in the early 90s I will try an find out from a mate time of death as I had moved accross the road

Yes, the very man, he used the pen name Máire
    just remembered they set up a room for him in the new building with everything for writing but he never took to it he was a quite person smoked a pipe an always wore a suit an hat

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

just remembered they set up a room for him in the new building with everything for writing but he never took to it he was a quite person smoked a pipe an always wore a suit an hat

100% correct, he died in 1969 but the date I do not know only that it is 40 years ago this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement