Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheer-up

Options
  • 28-05-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I have had the day from HELL!

What do other folk do to cheer themselves up after a crummy day?

I am already half way through my first, of what I'm sure will be a few, glass of red wine.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

If my day from hell was in work, well I just walk out the door at the end of my shift and thats it. It's gone. I forget about it.

If my day from hell involves family, I go and see my friends.

If my day from hell involves friends, I go shopping!!

:D

The Big Bang Theory and last seasons The Inbetweeners double bill starting on E4 +1 in 45 minutes ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I had a bad day at work too. So came home and cut the grass in record time. Practically ran up and down the garden with the lawnmower :D

Going to have a glass of wine now to finish off the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What chew chew said

and add burying self in a good book/compy game/bitching about the bad day on the interwebs

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

ChewChew wrote: »
    If my day from hell was in work, well I just walk out the door at the end of my shift and thats it. It's gone. I forget about it.

If my day from hell involves family, I go and see my friends.

If my day from hell involves friends, I go shopping!!

:D

It's a triple whammy, it was a really really bad day.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    The Big Bang Theory and last seasons The Inbetweeners double bill starting on E4 +1 in 45 minutes ftw!

Excellent, will definitely be checking out the inbetweeners, just as soon as I re-fill this glass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    It's a triple whammy, it was a really really bad day.
    hit the shops. just to browse around and maybe grab a coffee and read a book. chill out time on your own is probably what you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The evenings are long and bright now, so there is little excuse not to go for a bit of a hike through a forest/nature reserve/mountain trail/beachwalk.

People don't get enough "greenery" in their typical daily lives imo. Too often it's commute-work-commute-home-dinner-TV-bed.

Try and go straight from work with a packed meal to somewhere away from it all at least once a week.

The evenings are long and bright now, so there is little excuse not to go for a bit of a hike through a forest/nature reserve/mountain trail/beachwalk.

People don't get enough "greenery" in their typical daily lives imo. Too often it's commute-work-commute-home-dinner-TV-bed.

Try and go straight from work with a packed meal to somewhere away from it all at least once a week.

Do you know, I was just thinking along a similar vein on the drive home from work. Some alone time does sound good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Spot on, and when you get home have a warm bath, and you'll have the best nights sleep ever afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ahh the walks are great for clearing your head..

The hardest part is opening the front gate and getting out on one..
    Once your out it clears the head.

Stick some cheery tunes on your ipod and off you go!! Straight down to the off licence!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If i've had a really bad day, i make a list of 100 things that make me feel good or happy. hard to do specially when feeling down but ya cheer up when ya get it done and realise that you've so much to be happy about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Order in a Domino's!

Bryn wrote: »
    Order in a Domino's!

Ah, the classic eating yourself happy.
    Will wrote: »
    If i've had a really bad day, i make a list of 100 things that make me feel good or happy. hard to do specially when feeling down but ya cheer up when ya get it done and realise that you've so much to be happy about

I don't know if I could come up with 100 things without scraping the barrel;

1. I'm healthy
    99. Pina Coladas
    100. Getting caught in the rain

But a good idea none the less. I'm done with wallowing now, time to be grateful. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I went to work. I had a day off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Exercise=Endorphins=Happy.

Failing that...

Chocolate=Endorphins=Happy

Two conflicting, yet, effective methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭redpanda26

a good head clearing walk, then a long hot shower, then ben and gerrys ice cream but if all else fails a nice cold beer or a big glass of red wine depending on what takes my fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

A good long moan with a friend usually helps. Pity my favourite person to have a whinge with is in the states for the foreseeable future.

Damned recession.

I have replaced her with chocolate. I was all out of that this evening, so Four Star stepped in. Now I feel sick.

Lovely.

OP, sometimes a good hug helps. Here's one, take it if you need it. (It's an infinite hug, works for everyone, and I'm a pretty exceptional hugger when the mood takes me, so go crazy!) *hug*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Honestly? I Masturbate... Nothing is better for de-stressing! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,577 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this sounds ****ed up but when i need cheering up i go cut the grass or fill the car up with petrol just for the smells. my petrol tank is full to the brim atm.

there's nothing greater imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

this sounds ****ed up but when i need cheering up i go cut the grass or fill the car up with petrol just for the smells. my petrol tank is full to the brim atm.

there's nothing greater imo.

Fresh cut grass smell makes me happy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    I have had the day from HELL!

What do other folk do to cheer themselves up after a crummy day?

I am already half way through my first, of what I'm sure will be a few, glass of red wine.

I Listen to Music. Keeps you mellow and relaxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I met a man who had no change for the parking meter. Since I didn't have enough coinage to make up a fiver, I just gave him everything I had. His appreciative smile and this song coming on my iPod had me in a great mood for the entire night!

Listen to some nice music and do something nice for a friend/loved one....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Honestly? I Masturbate... Nothing is better for de-stressing! :o:D

Please be dishonest next time.

:pac:

Advertisement