Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters or LLB?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I have just finished my final exams for the B.Corporate Law course in NUIG and am hopeful that I've gotten a 2:1. Almost everyone I know is going on to do the LLB which I have also considered.The problem is this. I have no real interest in any of the corporate law subjects I have studied and despite having not studied it so far feel that the only subject that I would want to continue study in is criminal law. I have a huge interest in the field and now am starting to consider what options I have. I could go on and do the LLB but my ultimate aim is to work in the U.S(possibly sit the NY bar exams) so I don't feel the LLB would be of much use to me.:confused: The other option I'm considering is a masters,the two main ones I'm considering being both in NUIG-LLM in International Criminal Law and LLM in Criminal Justice and Human Rights.
    Would anyone be able to give me advice on the best option to take? What would be the advantage of doing a masters as opposed to doing the LLB and would it really be a good direction to take to further a criminal law related future career?
    Thanks in advance:)

Advertisement