Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My comparative essay, please tell me it's good..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

This post has been deleted.
    Yup, pretty much. You have to compare a "theme or issue" between the three texts, doesn't matter what theme it is. In that case, you wouldn't be able to use Macbeth as your single text though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I think that that would be more 'literary genre' maybe, the question is usually to compare the general vision and viewpoint in the texts, not the way in which it is established...?

'A young character's journey' would be a Theme/Issue. That's not General Vision or Viewpoint... you have to choose between the two, and apparently Theme/Issue's not coming up this year anyway. (so I've heard ;))

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

lol :D
    I do understand what you meant though. Imho, and it might not be accurate, but I feel that the General Vision + Viewpoint question is pretty waffly question overall and its pretty difficult to write objectively about, and I've no doubt that answers would look like a load of waffle to someone who isn't aware of the question style. When I was writing this essay I had institute notes and books on 2 of the texts, which I was just mashing together for the most part. For the 3rd text I was simply using my own notes and trying to model the style of the notes :p

Still, its quite likely that my essay is still v.waffly, even for a GV+V question :p

Truth be told, I think its such a bullshít question to be asked at all.. give me cultural context anyday.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

That statement comes straight from a leaving cert question! haha :)

Advertisement