Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi Boiler

Options
  • 28-05-2009 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to change our boiler for a more efficient Combi boiler. Can anyone recommend a good one and its price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Also what size for a 4 bedroom house around 1500sqfeet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This is a hard question to answer scott for someone not here, The energyu centre duleek call to you they also advise you on grants available on energy saving boilers.

Potterton myson dont do a combi as far as i am aware( I stand to be corrected)

Baxi there parent co do. These are available from heatmerchants

Ravenheat have been fitted all over BRL. I know the agent well on these he is a good friend give me a PM if you want me to contact him for you but wait till you have had a plumber in to spec the size. I have a particular fondness of ravenheat cause one of there boilers takes the flu gases at 50 000 btu and recycles them to effectivly give you free hot water. I would need to check if this model is available though

Vokera have gone but there head rep is with a company called alpha boilers. Martin is very knowledgable on the subject.

When picking a boiler if you need 50 000 btu some manufactures will give you a 30 000 - 60000 BTU boiler. Where as I go on the side of caution I would get a 60 - 90 000 btu boiler. It allows for possible expansion. So what I am asking is that you check what the BTU or killowatt of the boilers your quoted is.

My first port of call would be the Dept of Environment. to check on available grants

Hope this helps!

PS: i take it you want a gas boiler!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

also looking for gas boiler what did you go for in the end?

@joeylips any chanve you can pm with your mates details

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Scottie99 wrote: »
    I'm looking to change our boiler for a more efficient Combi boiler. Can anyone recommend a good one and its price?

Worcester Bosch Combi's - Various outputs available or Viessmann Combi's - again various outputs available. Get more than 1 opinion/quote and then ask questions off the proposed installers/suppliers!!

Neither of the above are the cheapest but I install both and do not have problems!!

MiniGolf wrote: »
    Worcester Bosch Combi's - Various outputs available or Viessmann Combi's

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement