Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Songs you didn't know you had...

• 28-05-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

Just found this song on my computer, no idea when or where it came from, but tune none the less...

So what songs did you have, then suddenly rediscover ages later, giving you the satisfaction of finding a new classic with out it being old and over listened?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

That's the most generic sounding muck Ive ever heard. But found Theo Parrish - falling up (Carl Craig mix) on my ipod about a year back. Gem of a tune....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

This happens more when I dig out the old vinyl collection. You can get into the A side track so much you don't bother playing the b side or even remember what it sounds like. Then one day you put the wrong side on and find a peach of a track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

This happens more when I dig out the old vinyl collection. You can get into the A side track so much you don't bother playing the b side or even remember what it sounds like. Then one day you put the wrong side on and find a peach of a track.
    man i used to love when that would happen or you vaguely remember that the track is good but cue up the wrong side only to find it sounds great.ive done that a few times,especially with whitelabels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

that song sounds like a casio keyboard demo song

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

seannash wrote: »
    man i used to love when that would happen or you vaguely remember that the track is good but cue up the wrong side only to find it sounds great.ive done that a few times,especially with whitelabels

I have done that many a time too with vinyl... even years after I bought tracks I might some day just stick on the flip side in the background and discover a tune thats even better.

I've done it with CDs a lot too, frequently I stick a CD on but don't have time to play it full through and often miss regular play of tracks towards the end, only to really discover them at a later stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i'm FOREVER doing this with vinyl, but recently i've been buying cd versions of albums as well as back catalogue label compilations, and since i haven't hadf my serato set up since the laptop died a horrible death i just know that as soon as i sort one i'll be faced with the guts of a hundred new (to me) tunes, not counting all the ones i get sent...

happy days!!!

Didn't know I had this beaut until recently, really makes me wanna start buying techno again!!! Belter of a tune from the Re-Load era of Dave Clarke etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Totally forgot i had this belter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFY0ULry8M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Didn't know I had this beaut until recently, really makes me wanna start buying techno again!!! Belter of a tune from the Re-Load era of Dave Clarke etc...

:)
    Heard this at a techno classics night in a Frankfurt club the weekend just gone, amazing stuff :) And an amazing club too :cool:
    12 hrs of tunes like that and then some.

derra wrote: »
    :)
    Heard this at a techno classics night in a Frankfurt club the weekend just gone, amazing stuff :) And an amazing club too :cool:
    12 hrs of tunes like that and then some.

Wow, I'd say that was a good night. 12 hours of quality techno, would love a night like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Wow, I'd say that was a good night. 12 hours of quality techno, would love a night like that!

Was an amazing cub to be in, a converted warehouse building divided into 4/5 rooms with a superb sound system in each room,plenty of bars and outside area etc
    In and around 2000 at it, always wanted to go there clubbing and exceeded all my expectations.
    Here is a quality set from the night :)
    Heiko Laux
    http://www.share-online.biz/download.php?id=31MD3FT62

just enter the numbers into the box in the middle of the page and press enter.

Advertisement