Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean dust from e51 screen

• 28-05-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

anyone know how to disassemble a nokia e51 so that i can clean the dust from behind the screen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

you need a set of small "T" screwdrivers, i bought a set for 5 euro i think from maplins

take off the metal backplate, undo the four screws, remove front facia and keypad

screen is then revealed to be cleaned, its quite difficult to remove every bit of dust or spec mind!

a can of compressed air might come in handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tools you need: Link - €3.40 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Thanks for info!
    Gx

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tis quite annoying in fairness. Cleaned mine a few weeks ago, but it's full of dust inside again. I'd guess that once it's opened the first time, the seals will end up worse than before.

This seems to be a common problem with the e51. Coincidently only yesterday had one with dust in the screen, and was quite bad too. The guy had been to the beach at the weekend so probably made a difference to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Well, Ive had mine for 18months now and its probably time for a new one. That'll either be the Palm Pre when it comes or the Nokia N97

Must say I'll be sorry to part with the e51...great little phone except that the browser now is way too clunky

Gx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I'm also having a serious dust issue with the screen of my N82. Will the same tool set work or is there a different way of cleaning the screen for this model ?

Any help appreciated

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    I'm also having a serious dust issue with the screen of my N82. Will the same tool set work or is there a different way of cleaning the screen for this model ?

Any help appreciated

The linked set is the right size. Its a T6 you need. Its easy enough, 6 screws to remove. It would also be advisable to have something along this line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

yea just take the cover off, don't worry about the thing - there are no 'seals' worth mentioning

Advertisement