Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing & Tattoo Q

Options
  • 28-05-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Howdy all,

Just wondering if someone could help me with 2 probable simply answered questions.

1: Getting my ear pierced tomorrow, and have never got anythin pierced was wondering is there a certain amount of time I have to leave the piercing in before i can start taking it out regularly ?

And 2: Thinkin of getting a tattoo on my inner bicep at some stage this summer been thinking about it and designing it for a few years but I'm fairly skinny was wondering if the tattoo would stretch if my bicep gets bigger ? as I'm sure it will.

Cheers if anyone can help anyways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

1: You should leave the jewellery in place till the piercing is fully healed. Only then should you swap it out for other jewellery. "Taking it out regularly" will depend on what kind of piercing you're getting, is it a standard lobe piercing? IE - Not a large gauge piercing or a cartilage piercing?

2: Yes, if you bulk up considerably, then the skin will have to stretch, which will in turn stretch your tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Yeah just a standard piercing and im guessing it just takes a few days to heal usually ?

And yeah I'll be bulking up but it's gonna be lower down on the inside of my bicep so not really where the muscle will be im hoping..

Cheers man !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Few weeks to heal to the point of being able to switch jewellery for something shorter. wouldn't leave it out for any extended period of time till it's reasonably healed around 6 months. once you've piercing for more than 2 years you can safely say it's 100% healed. up until then it's variable

Advertisement