Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 texting, sending 1 text but multiple texts on bill

• 29-05-2009 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

If I send a text I get 2 or 3 show up on my bill, and if I go into a second text/page then sometimes 4 or 5 text will show on my bill to the same person.

And no before anyone says, I am not sending really long texts, I keep an eye on the number of characters and I only ever go into the 2nd text/page on the rare occasion. Besides I did a test over the last month and I recorded the times I sent texts, who they were to and how long they were and I was definately being charged for duplicate, triplicate etc...texts.

Has anyone else been having the same problem, O2 just say that my bills are correct and that there is no problem on their side.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can do to stop this problem or if anyone has had the same problem with O2 themselves

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you sure you're not sending the texts a few times by mistake? My Mam has a Nokia 6131. When she clicks send it goes back to the screen where you just clicked send. You wouldn't know it was sent or sending or that the button worked if you glanced away for a second.

I know, it's a simple thing but just to cover the basics.

Are you getting any duplicate delivery reports?
    What phone do you have?
    Does it happen with every text?
    Can you try using a different phone?
    Have you confirmed with the other people that they're not getting the texts a few times?
    Are any of the other people with O2?
    Have you asked O2 to trace the texts to see how many are actually being delivered to the other person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

I think you would be much better advised to dial freephone customer services and they will explain what is going on as there are a number of reasons why your bill may indeed be correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

One more question OP - are all the 4 or 5 texts showing as sent at the same time on your unbilled calls or a time apart?
    Do you have any applications installed on your phone which may send SMS? (some Symbian apps allow you anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Are you sending basic English language characters or using accented characters (Átha Cliath, Łódź)? The latter can mean unicode and the text length is only half of the normal.

Advertisement