Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The eternally annoying question

• 29-05-2009 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭

I've promised to go up north to look for a TV for my dad this weekend.
    Having done the few weeks of searching, I've vacillated between various LG, Sony and Samsung sets. Phillips have great reviews for picture quality but I've very lairy about their reliability.

So, if you had to buy a 32 or 37 inch tomorrow for watching sports on, what would it be?
    Reasonably low budget up to 600-700 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

. Phillips have great reviews for picture quality but I've very lairy about their reliability.

huh? you buying a CRT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Nope. looking for an LCD with reasonable refresh times.

And i'm very wary of anything with a Philips label, no matter what it is on account of numerous experiences of frankly decrepid standards of manufacture.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bilbert55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Nice. They went behind my back and ended up with a 37" Pioneer I haven't seen yet on account of "they understood what the salesman told them". In Power City. Given that they watch a lot of sports and he can hardly make out the 28" CRT they've already got, I don't see that they're going to like a 37" LCD with the amount of sports they watch. Time will tell and I might get them a replacement plasma for christmas if it doesn't pan out.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The Pioneers are generally highly regarded (and expensive) so maybe they made the right choice.

According to What HiFi, their LCD panels are made in conjunction with Sharp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement