Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish army drugs tests ???

• 29-05-2009 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hi im thinking of joining the irish army but i hear you get drug tests every so often is this true ? because i smoke alot of cannabis resin...and i need info like how often drug tests come along ? and any good excuses if im caught with thc in my system...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 conbhui

if your considering joining the defence forces you should stop smoking weed altogether. your going to be responsible for weapons and explosives and may even participate in peace keeping duties. that crap will fcuk with your mind in the long run. never mind what the hippies tell you.
    by the way, your going to be waiting along time to get into the defence forces. you should try the french foreign legion, they have way better equipment, they have a larger budget and there is way more opportunities in it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

First good luck getting in, they aren't recruiting, second, either choose the drugs or the army, because they don't mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

If thats your attitude, then don't even think about joining, you won't be welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

either quit or forget about. Druggies not want in the DF.

Even if you werent caught with it in your system what would you do if you were sent overseas for 6 months. How can you be relied upon in a hostile area if your dying for a fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Craigsy wrote: »
    either quit or forget about. Druggies not want in the DF.

Even if you werent caught with it in your system what would you do if you were sent overseas for 6 months. How can you be relied upon in a hostile area if your dying for a fix

Dying for a fix....and grass.......yeah..good man.

• Advertisement

well pardon me for not being up to date on the latest drug slang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

If you can't sacrifice you're drug taking to join the DF, well then you're really not the kind of person I'd like to have serving anywhere near me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I smell a troll.... smoking weed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

kevweed wrote: »
    hi im thinking of joining the irish army but i hear you get drug tests every so often is this true ? because i smoke alot of cannabis resin...and i need info like how often drug tests come along ? and any good excuses if im caught with thc in my system...

We don't need people like you...Any way our recruit process would WEED(pun intended) you out in no time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

We don't need people like you...Any way our recruit process would WEED(pun intended) you out in no time..

Arggghhh (please read This):D

Simple as OP, there is no recruitment, and there is no western Army (aside from Possibly the Netherlands) who will take people who do Drugs. Tough Titty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

Arggghhh (please read This):D

Simple as OP, there is no recruitment, and there is no western Army (aside from Possibly the Netherlands) who will take people who do Drugs. Tough Titty.

Oh I'm sorry if I annoyed you:rolleyes:..

I know there is no recruitment But I was mearly pointing out that if he was lucky to get through the recruitment process,(I doubt he would) his addiction would get the better of him and he wouldn't last recruit trg.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭superref

your not wanted no junkies in this army

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Oh I'm sorry if I annoyed you:rolleyes:..

I know there is no recruitment But I was mearly pointing out that if he was lucky to get through the recruitment process,(I doubt he would) his addiction would get the better of him and he wouldn't last recruit trg.

Sorry bout the confusion, was talking to the OP with regard the Recruitment embargo!!!
    superref wrote: »
    your not wanted no junkies in this army

In fairness, Hash doesn't make someone a Junkie, Major difference between a regular user of Hash and a Junkie.

(Just in case ye are wondering, No I do not do drugs because I don't want to, but I feel people have a right to ingest whatever they please. I also don't think that Drugs and the military mix in any sense.)

In fairness, Hash doesn't make someone a Junkie, Major difference between a regular user of Hash and a Junkie.

(Just in case ye are wondering, No I do not do drugs because I don't want to, but I feel people have a right to ingest whatever they please. I also don't think that Drugs and the military mix in any sense.)

Still, drugs have no place within the military

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

No, but it can make some long term users paranoid and have panic attacks. Not a good mix with guns tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

No, but it can make some long term users paranoid and have panic attacks. Not a good mix with guns tbh.

I believe many ex-soldiers find it very helpful for PTSD however.

Sean_K wrote: »
    I believe many ex-soldiers find it very helpful for PTSD however.

The key word being "Ex" soldiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Poccington wrote: »
    The key word being "Ex" soldiers.

Well it's slightly off topic and I neither serve as a member of defense forces nor am medically qualified but I was just hinting at something with the mention of PTSD. It appears to me that Traumatic Stress does a lot more damage to the brain than a bit of weed.

Surely you're taking a bigger risk fighting alongside someone who could potentially have PTSD (i.e. has fought before) than someone who has smoked a spliff.

Perhaps people in the defense forces have witnessed the effects of PTSD on their comrades?

/edit: To clarify though, I would agree that drugs have no place in the military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

wow a good few ppl posting here know very little about cannabis!
    Fix, junky,addiction? ha. typical. I myself smoke weed/hash. I dont need a "Fix" im not a "Junky" and im no addict. you talk about cannabis like its crack cocain or heroin ffs!

knoximus wrote: »
    wow a good few ppl posting here know very little about cannabis!
    Fix, junky,addiction? ha. typical. I myself smoke weed/hash. I dont need a "Fix" im not a "Junky" and im no addict. you talk about cannabis like its crack cocain or heroin ffs!

Although that's really nice to know, it doesn't add much to the topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

Poccington wrote: »
    Although that's really nice to know, it doesn't add much to the topic.
    true.i just find it funny ppl how talk about sumthin they know very little about. i know little about the military,but yea, you'd be a pritty useless soldier smokin on the job. id imagine you would be screwed if they found anythin in your system unfortunetly because of ppl's attitude towards cannabis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

hi im thinking of joining the irish army ...

Your considering applying to join the Irish army.. There's a recruitment embargo, forget it for awhile.

but i hear you get drug tests every so often is this true ? because i smoke alot of cannabis resin...and i need info like how often drug tests come along ? ...

The tests are random, and mandatory. We can't answer that question.

and any good excuses if im caught with thc in my system...

No, you test positive and your history.

Drug dealing, and the underworld in general is probably the biggest threat to the security of this state at the moment.

OP as it is your conducting in an illegal activity, one which all branches of our military are pro-actively trying to combat. And although to you it may seem like something very insignificant, the threat to you(if you were a soldier) in way of having your position/security compromised and the threat to your comrades should your position by compromised is just too great a risk and your kind are not required.

I think your question has been answered now.

If anyone else wishes to talk about the benefits, illegalities etc etc etc of drug using this isn't the forum to host such a topic.

Thread is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement