Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is hippie bashing in Ireland on the rise?

Options
  • 29-05-2009 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28 conbhui

I was talking to both my friends in limerick recently and they told me they have been subject to an increase in abuse, even bashing!
    Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Well if one is to believe the threads in AH, then yes, most certainly Yes.

Scumbags seem to be getting more brazen

Now whats the conspiracy angle?

and Hippy? whats your definition?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Moved from Conspirancy Theories?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

If anything it is more the other way around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,393 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Verbal hippy bashing is (especially in AH because people can hide behind their keyboards) don't know about physical.

It's the usual Irish thing: fear of something different.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I particularly hate hippies who move abroad and peddle thier anti-irish nonsense from behind a keyboard.
    There's nothing "different" about being a hippy,its just an unwillingness to wash and a chip on your shoulder about about people with strongly held beliefs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Verbal hippy bashing is (especially in AH because people can hide behind their keyboards) don't know about physical.

It's the usual Irish thing: fear of something different.

No, just fear of smellie hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Use Soap + Get a haircut = No more hippy bashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

conbhui wrote: »
    I was talking to both my friends in limerick recently and they told me they have been subject to an increase in abuse, even bashing!

I wish

Mrmoe wrote: »
    No, just fear of smellie hippies.

Its not a fear..they're completely ineffectual in every way...middel class idealists of the worst kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

God damn hippies. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Not a hippy myself so I can't say.

I did stand beside a guy at the bar in the Village before the Champions League final on Wednesday and had to move away from him because of the smell off his dreads. Jaysus it was awful.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Not a hippy myself so I can't say.

I did stand beside a guy at the bar in the Village before the Champions League final on Wednesday and had to move away from him because of the smell off his dreads. Jaysus it was awful.

This time of the year is particularly bad fior the stench from hippies.
    The increased temperatures result in increased sweating,removal of encrusted wax jackets and even less inclination to wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Degsy wrote: »
    I particularly hate hippies who move abroad and peddle thier anti-irish nonsense from behind a keyboard.

Strange, because as a life long Republican, I think I'd have a mark under 'hippy' if such a group was associated with "anti-Irish nonsense". But, when I look at the Great Book Of Grudges theres no such mark... don't suppose you'd clarify what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Christ I hate the smell righteous, crud encrusted, long haired, hemps wearing ****s. I wish they would all fvck off to Columbia and leave high up in the mountins with the screamers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BusterGonad

We need a war to thin out their ranks!

Nodin wrote: »
    Strange, because as a life long Republican, I think I'd have a mark under 'hippy' if such a group was associated with "anti-Irish nonsense". But, when I look at the Great Book Of Grudges theres no such mark... don't suppose you'd clarify what you mean?

What drivel are you spouting now?
    Go and boil some beans or something,i'm not interacting with you.

Nodin wrote: »

Actually to be fair I probably hate lily wearing, Irish republican bogmen, that idolise killers and criminals and vote them into office more then I hate hippies. Who would of though ?

We need a war to thin out their ranks!

Hippies dont fight in wars..they cower in stinking bedsits and draw money from the government.

Degsy wrote: »
    Hippies dont fight in wars..they cower in stinking bedsits and draw money from the government.

Dont forget the trustfund.

starn wrote: »
    Dont forget the trustfund.

Oh yeah,when they've smoked thier dole..mummy and daddy help them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Big surprise. I think the place not the look is where the problem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i never see hippies in limerick. it's all sports enthusiasts and ruffians.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I knew AH was the right place for this ... but christ what was the OP thinking when they put it in CT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

6th wrote: »
    I knew AH was the right place for this ... but christ what was the OP thinking when they put it in CT?

I'd guess either Hippy logic or Hippy persecution complex ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Mistaken hippy bashing is on the rise, though. Scumbags seem to think them and metalheads are one in the same. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Fran Costello

I'm heading to Galway this weekend, I'll keep my eyes open around Neachtains.

http://www.youtube.com/user/francostello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Just 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

The bums will always lose, Mr. Lebowski!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Must say I prefer hippie types to tea-towel-shirt-clad drunk **** outside Abrakebabra at 3 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Magnus wrote: »
    Must say I prefer hippie types to tea-towel-shirt-clad drunk **** outside Abrakebabra at 3 in the morning.

Those arent the only choices !! & yes some bad people are non hippies (or maybe ex-hippies) but thats not the point.

Advertisement