Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is hippie bashing in Ireland on the rise?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Degsy wrote: »
    I particularly hate hippies who move abroad and peddle thier anti-irish nonsense from behind a keyboard.
    Where did you get that idea from?
    There's nothing "different" about being a hippy,its just an unwillingness to wash and a chip on your shoulder about about people with strongly held beliefs.
    I'd say in the 60s being a hippy was cool. Nobody cared then and everyone was cool in their eyes, except the government (and lets face it they were often right).

but now you have these new age college hippies. the ones that think they know it all cos they went around oz for a year, took arts in trinity and ALWAYS take out an acoustic guitar at a good session and ruin the buzz. The arrogance drives me up the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What drivel are you spouting now?
    Go and boil some beans or something,i'm not interacting with you.

So abuse and no answer.

This wouldn't be redirected hatred or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Real hippies these days are those that hold on to the ideals tha hippies in the 60's believed in. These hippies don't lounge around in dreads and not wash - those are crusties!

There is a difference.

:mad:

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone that could be described as a 'hippy' in years, let alone 'anti-irish' hippys (whatever the jaysus they're supposed to be)......Even the crustos seem a bit thin on the ground...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Real hippies these days are those that hold on to the ideals tha hippies in the 60's believed in. These hippies don't lounge around in dreads and not wash - those are crusties!

There is a difference.

ah they are all the same, if they hug trees and eat lentils they are hippies, stick the lot of them in laois and then we wont have to worry bout them any more

damn hippies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a final !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

ah they are all the same, if they hug trees and eat lentils they are hippies

Dont forget their prediliction to talk about racism at the drop of a hat.

Thier life experience is gleaned from a two month trip around some well-worn,non-threatening tourist trail in SE australia where instead of washing,the grow bumfluff beards and come back with beads in thier hair.
    Once back home,its onto the internet with them to tell everybody else how wrong they are about life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Thier life experience is gleaned from a two month trip around some well-worn,non-threatening tourist trail in SE australia where instead of washing,the grow bumfluff beards and come back with beads in thier hair.
    Once back home,its onto the internet with them to tell everybody else how wrong they are about life.
    Those aren't hippies. Those are what we call tossers.

So they're on the internet? That explains how I don't see any of them.

How do you know its a hippy posting by the way? Do they end every sentence with 'man' or something?

Wagon wrote: »

Indeed they are.

But they share characteristics..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

So long haired dirty types vs. knuckledragging pigeon walking dirty types

Easy choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Magnus wrote: »
    Must say I prefer hippie types to tea-towel-shirt-clad drunk **** outside Abrakebabra at 3 in the morning.

at least the drunk **** spend money and contribute to the economy

at least the drunk **** spend money and contribute to the economy

The hippies spend money too..they buy patchoulie oil and rizla papers.
    If it wasnt for the patchouie oil even the rats in thier hovels would be unable to stand them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Wagon wrote: »

Is there a difference ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

The hippies spend money too..they buy patchoulie oil and rizla papers.
    If it wasnt for the patchouie oil even the rats in thier hovels would be unable to stand them.

Dont forget grass. Hippies love grass and clothes made of hemp.

How would all the second and third string drug dealers in Galway be able to feed all there earring wearing, gold ring loving, celtic supporting illigitimate childer. If it wasnt for the hippies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Theres hippies in Ireland????

I thought they all died out in the sixties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Magnus wrote: »
    Must say I prefer hippie types to tea-towel-shirt-clad drunk **** outside Abrakebabra at 3 in the morning.

Thankfully, I'm not ideologically hidebound on the issue.

I just hate both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

OP still hasn't clarified def of what he calls hippies. When i was growing up, kids wearing Metallica t-shirts or any heavy metal related gear were called hippies and attacked by the ones that wear tracksuits. There's a distinct difference between metallica types and the real meaning of a hippy, i.e. the 60s, san fran, woodstock etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Yes. Because the people who lecture me about no posessions end up bumming smokes of me and then need a lift home in my car which my 'capatilist' job FOOKING PAID FOR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Why are you people so obsessed with stereotypes? That's so childish. Live and let live, I say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

monellia wrote: »
    Why are you people so obsessed with stereotypes? That's so childish. Live and let live, I say.

HE'S ONE OF THEM!!!

monellia wrote: »

You sound like a communist or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

HE'S ONE OF THEM!!!
    GET HIM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Hippies? Ha, thankfully we here in Galway have no such undesirables in residence...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

True they stink to high-heaven and talk a load of rubbish but I'd rather be stuck drinking with them than most elements of our 'modern' society.

toiletduck wrote: »
    Hippies? Ha, thankfully we here in Galway have no such undesirables in residence...

Galway used be popular with the hippy set. If theres none there, they must be gone with the Leprachauns....

True they stink to high-heaven and talk a load of rubbish but I'd rather be stuck drinking with them than most elements of our 'modern' society.

Well if you were stuck drinking with them,you'd also be stuck paying for the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Well if you were stuck drinking with them,you'd also be stuck paying for the drink.

Nope, I'm smart. I wait for their dole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Nodin wrote: »
    Galway used be popular with the hippy set. If theres none there, they must be gone with the Leprachauns....

We used the smell of hash to lure thousands upon thousands onto huge container ships. Once all were captured, the ships set sail and were sunk in the Bay by American jets. Funnily enough it was the main spectacle for the last Airshow and a great day was had by all.

• Advertisement

Nope, I'm smart. I wait for their dole day.

And wait till you have a cold and cant smell.

Advertisement