Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is hippie bashing in Ireland on the rise?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

so what's the difference between a hippy and a crusty then?

In my head the hippies are more tie dye t-shirt wearing ideologist, with a talent for talking ****e and believing themselves to be intellectually superior ... annoying but reasonable harmless....
    whereas
    ...crusties, in my head, are more likely to be drunker, skankier, have more facial piercings, dreds, more smelly and generally drunker, more aggressive, and much bigger arseholes than any hippies.... (+ of course they have some malnourished mongrel mutt on a piece of string....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I think crusties are just smellier hippies. Probably trying to save water cos the trees need it more or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Morlar wrote: »
    I think crusties are just smellier hippies. Probably trying to save water cos the trees need it more or something.

But the reality is none of them know anything about agriculture or the countryside..they blindly condemn farming without realising that the countryside is only there as we know it to support mans activities.
    They babble on about mining in countries they've never visited because they dont know that mining si perhaps the only source of income for that area.They bullshiit on about death penalties,not realising that most people sentenced to death fcuckin deserve it and so on and so on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

And, of course, you're the ultimate arbiter in who deserves to be put to death, right?

Cop the **** on, Degsy. You're as self-righteous as the hippies you so hate.

Quinine wrote: »
    And, of course, you're the ultimate arbiter in who deserves to be put to death, right?

Cop the **** on, Degsy. You're as self-righteous as the hippies you so hate.

172 posts and you know all about me,eh?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Need an account to browse boards, do you?

• Hippes annoy me. They're so self righteous and tend to be are middle class, spoiled, sheltered morons who think they know everything and actually understand nothing about the world. I used to live with this exceptional idiot in college who told me just to wipe chopping boards instead of washing them properly. He had never heard of salmonella. He also said I was silly for working so hard in my final year, he told me to drop out before exams and repeat to 'spread the work over two years.' I told him I couldn't afford it and he said 'sure you could get a summer job to cover the repeat fees.' I explained to him that that was the least of it, that it cost me about 10 grand a year to live up in Dublin for rent, food etc. He just didn't get it that someone could possibly not be living off Mammy and Daddy. He would also ask me why I was home so late every night, and when I said because I was working, he told me that a proper rest was better than earning money to spend on drinks and smokes (I don't even smoke!). He just couldn't understand HAVING to work.

Absolute fecking idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Quinine wrote: »
    Need an account to browse boards, do you?

When I become King of Boards you will.

Just you wait....... you and your pesky little dog too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Degsy wrote: »
    But the reality is none of them know anything about agriculture or the countryside..they blindly condemn farming without realising that the countryside is only there as we know it to support mans activities.
    They babble on about mining in countries they've never visited because they dont know that mining si perhaps the only source of income for that area.They bullshiit on about death penalties,not realising that most people sentenced to death fcuckin deserve it and so on and so on..

Wow...such pure sh**e talk...talking out of your hole...who are these elusive hippies you speak of? Where are they? What in God's name are you on about? Seriously man, get a hold of yourself! You're going to blow the 3rd ventricle in your brain very, very soon if THIS is the type of thing that's get you riled up. Now sit down, take a deep breath and have yourself a nice cup of tea. That's right....breeeeeeeeathe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Wow...such pure sh**e talk...talking out of your hole...who are these elusive hippies you speak of? Where are they? What in God's name are you on about? Seriously man, get a hold of yourself! You're going to blow the 3rd ventricle in your brain very, very soon if THIS is the type of thing that's get you riled up. Now sit down, take a deep breath and have yourself a nice cup of tea. That's right....breeeeeeeeathe!

You're...uh...you're new around here, aren't you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Such a concentration of misrepresentations and nonsense is rarely seen. Anymore and it might collapse in on itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

You're...uh...you're new around here, aren't you?

Er, yeah..just started getting in on these debates in AH recently to kill a bit of time at work...I'm guessing this is how most posts go round these parts, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Nodin wrote: »
    Such a concentration of misrepresentations and nonsense is rarely seen. Anymore and it might collapse in on itself.

But then it will turn into a black hole and destroy us all!!!!

Won't someone think of the children??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Er, yeah..just started getting in on these debates in AH recently to kill a bit of time at work...I'm guessing this is how most posts go round these parts, eh?

Yeah. I wouldn't take eveything here so seriously.

Nodin wrote: »

Stop trying to use words you're not comfortable with and prove otherwise.
    tell me how i'm wrong about the countryside for example..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

Galway is definitly a hippie stronghold. There everywhere especially the spanish arch. Theres more hippies in Galway than there is nacks. They out number them at least 4 to 1. Hippies in Galway get away with a load of crap i noticed. they can drink in large numbers down by the spanish arch and get away with it. But if a nack shows up with a bag of cans, the cops show up.
    But bashing is rare. I think hippies do business with nacks in Galway and maintain a good relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

tell me how i'm wrong about the countryside for example..

Purple sprouting broccoli

I love it because it is such a generous vegetable: sweet and succulent, bursting with good things. I dedicate more and more ground to purple sprouting broccoli each year, and just can’t get enough of the stuff. I love it because it is such a generous vegetable: sweet and succulent, bursting with good things like a spring tonic, and it keeps on coming. Once it has been cut, the sugars in the stem revert to starch within hours, so the broccoli you grow yourself and cook within an hour of harvest will far exceed anything you can buy in the shops.......etc

http://www.rivercottage.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I don't mind hippies. Its not a big deal. I don't really see the point in getting angry at people you don't know and have nothing to do with.

I dispise hippies. I think ireland would be better off with out them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Spannerman14

All the Hippies/Crusties/Wasters/Dropouts are in Galway this weekend protesting against aeroplanes.. Yep,thats right, do something useful for a change:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

All the Hippies/Crusties/Wasters/Dropouts are in Galway this weekend protesting against aeroplanes.. Yep,thats right, do something useful for a change:rolleyes:

So what do they like ... shake their unwashed fists at the sky or something ?

this would be a good time to rid ireland of these hippies.

mega man wrote: »
    this would be a good time to rid ireland of these hippies.

Somewhere there is an euro fighter sitting idle that could sort this out in about 3 or 4 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Morlar wrote: »
    So what do they like ... shake their unwashed fists at the sky or something ?

Releasing red balloons actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Maybe we could get the Sea Shepherds to swing by and clear out all the hippies. Anybody else watch that show? Pure comedy! Those crusty, dirty f*ckups couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery:p

toiletduck wrote: »
    Releasing red balloons actually.

They must be evironmentally friendly balloons so... Funny, never seen them in the balloon shop.

:D

I wonder what these guys would of done with irelands hippie problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnyLaYPfjHE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Good job.

The country is infested with them.

Advertisement