Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is hippie bashing in Ireland on the rise?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Most people don't know what a hippie is anyway therefore most of this thread is nonsense.

Spoken like a true hippy:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Nope.

When there are so many other muppet groups running around prancing and posing I don't see the point in bashing people who usually/actually have basic manners. They stink to high heaven no doubt, talk pile-loads of rubbish at times (who doesn't though?) but a 'how ya' from someone with breath reeking of tapas certainly beats the rudeness, glare and attitude that seems the norm anymore in our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Penn And Teller Get Hippies To Sign Water Banning Petition

Too much LSD

Nope.

When there are so many other muppet groups running around prancing and posing I don't see the point in bashing people who usually/actually have basic manners. They stink to high heaven no doubt, talk pile-loads of rubbish at times (who doesn't though?) but a 'how ya' from someone with breath reeking of tapas certainly beats the rudeness, glare and attitude that seems the norm anymore in our society.

Pure marijuana-fueld hippy nonsense.
    If a hippy says "how ya" its only beacause he's on the mooch for something,drugs usually..or lodgings.

Degsy wrote: »
    Pure marijuana-fueld hippy nonsense.
    If a hippy says "how ya" its only beacause he's on the mooch for something,drugs usually..or lodgings.

Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    ....stand beside a guy at the bar in the Village before the Champions League final on Wednesday and had to move away from him because of the smell off his dreads. Jaysus it was awful.

So the village people are hippies now, as well..?:eek:

Yawn.

That stuff makes you sleepy,y'know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

They would if it was free!

It should be free, duuuuuuuuuuude.

Valmont wrote: »
    It should be free, duuuuuuuuuuude.

This doll is extremely dangerous. It has voodoo qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,393 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

never mind "alternative lifestyles",you sound like some sort of missfit.
    I believe Paul Gadd moved to vietnam or wherever to pursue his "alternative" lifestyle,no doubt pissed off with the UK's missunderstanding of him.

I may be a misfit, I may not. Depends on what I'm suppose to be fitting into. If I'm not doing anything illegal, what's the problem?

I'll ignore the second sentence respectfully.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anybody who doesn't have a job is a hippie in my eyes.

This is one crime we cannot pin on hippies

RasTa wrote: »
    Anybody who doesn't have a job is a hippie in my eyes.

So that's around 400,000 hippies I guess.

So that's around 400,000 hippies I guess.

I had no idea they were breeding to fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

oh my dearest fellows ye are like a load of aul 1s over in tesco bitchin about everythin with a face on them like a kippers arse as if there is no end to their life!!! heheehahahahaha

42 years of age 43 next month i have seen it done it worn the t shirt hehehahahoho any1 with a good heart and sense of humour what more do u want regardless of 'hippy' 'skanger' anythin else hehehahahahahahohohohohohohohohhoha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm really confused as to what constitutes a hippy - Degsy, stop moving the goalposts! Some days I'm really confident I am one, other days I reckon I'm not at all hippy-ish. Seriously, end this identity crisis for me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

No, not at all...it's just what the liberal-left politically-correct hippy media would have you believe.

(:rolleyes:)

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm really confused as to what constitutes a hippy - Degsy, stop moving the goalposts! Some days I'm really confident I am one, other days I reckon I'm not at all hippy-ish. Seriously, end this identity crisis for me! :(

Degsy has no idea what a hippy is, hence the ellusiveness. Apparently, I qualify is a hippy simply for living abroad.

Anyway, as someone else said: the vast majority of people on here have no idea what a hippy is. I think they see a hippy as someone who wants to see change, and people are terrified of change.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Degsy has no idea what a hippy is, hence the ellusiveness.
    That, Ikky Poo, is what I was alluding to... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 O'TOOLE79

Degsy what a twat you are.:rolleyes: Open your mind man.

• Advertisement

That, Ikky Poo, is what I was alluding to... ;)

Then, Dudess, you need to be more direct! Degsy needs to pinned down and corndered, like a rabid animal!:D

I only do that to boys who are nice to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I only do that to boys who are nice to me...

I got you a bunch of posies.

I got you a bunch of posies.

The Terry´s Chocolate Orange jibe was better, imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The Terry´s Chocolate Orange jibe was better, imo!

I've lost my funny man, it was a mirage in the desert.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

O'TOOLE79 wrote: »
    Degsy what a twat you are.:rolleyes: Open your mind man.

Banned. Gone. Smashed. Whatever.

Degsy has no idea what a hippy is, hence the ellusiveness. Apparently, I qualify is a hippy simply for living abroad.

Anyway, as someone else said: the vast majority of people on here have no idea what a hippy is. I think they see a hippy as someone who wants to see change, and people are terrified of change.

YOU HAVE NO POWER TO AFFECT CHANGE.
    yOU COULDNT HACK IT IN IREALND SO YOU MOVED TO BERLIN TO PAINT MURALS AND WORK IN A CALL CENTRE..HARDLY GOING TO HAVE THE ESTABLISHMENT QUAKING IN ITS BOOTS NOW IS IT?
    What was your plan?
    "I'll change ireland by leaving it"?
    Way to go.
    Just to show that hippies are innefectual,the hippy green party completely fcucked up any chance they had of making a difference and now they've been kicked to the curb(by people terrified of change no doubt).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

YOU HAVE NO POWER TO AFFECT CHANGE.
    yOU COULDNT HACK IT IN IREALND SO YOU MOVED TO BERLIN TO PAINT MURALS AND WORK IN A CALL CENTRE..HARDLY GOING TO HAVE THE ESTABLISHMENT QUAKING IN ITS BOOTS NOW IS IT?
    What was your plan?
    "I'll change ireland by leaving it"?
    Way to go.
    Just to show that hippies are innefectual,the hippy green party completely fcucked up any chance they had of making a difference and now they've been kicked to the curb(by people terrified of change no doubt).

Wow, i can't believe i missed this clusterfuck of a thread.

A shame, as It's comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

degsy i remember you on youtube, you had a yt accout right? KERPAL says hi ;)

• Advertisement

How to Be a Hippie
    http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hippie

Advertisement