Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing trunking from a plaster board wall without damaging it

Options
  • 29-05-2009 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am trying to remove some trunking from a plaster board wall without causing any damage to it.

It tried to remove the smallest section as a test, but it started taking all the paint with it. I'm thinking, if it's able to take the paint straight away, then it'll very possibly take the plaster with it too, in places. I'm renting, so I don't want to have to be stuck with a bill / have to go to all the trouble of repainting where the trunking was.

Does anyone have any tips or techniques for removing trunking without causing huge amounts of damage?

EDIT - not sure if this should be in the DIY section or Electrical... move as appropriate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

you can run a stanley knife along the side before you take it off.if its sticky-back that be more awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yep... it's sticky back alright.

I was sorta thinking that, and then just going really slow trying to get the left over stickiness off.

Advertisement