Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Visit

Options
  • 29-05-2009 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I am visiting Dublin for the weekend and am wondering could somebody recommend a nice route of about 30-35 Miles. I prefer quieter roads, not too hilly and good scenery if possible. I have a car so I can drive to the starting point.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Northwards, out along the coast road, through Fairview, Clontarf, then:

a) Turn at Sutton Cross & head towards Portmarnck
    b) Continue into Howth, before doubling back to Sutton Cross and heading to Portmarnock
    c) Do a lap of Howth Head back to Sutton Cross (if you change your mind about hills)

Then continue from Sutton Cross, through Baldoyle, Portmarnock and Malahide.

When you get to Malahide you can turn around and re-trace your route or head back into the city via the Malahide Road, which isn't very scenic once you leave Malahide / Kinsealy.

If it's a nice day, I'd retrace my route.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Galwegian09

Thanks JawGap,

That sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

No probs. Enjoy it if you've not been there before. Plenty of nice coffee spots etc in Howth and Malahide - there's one in Portmarnock too.

Advertisement