Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The problem with precedents

Options
  • 29-05-2009 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

Okay, I'm not going to be popular tonight, but let's try have a serious, open, transparent discussion of this. Yes, it relates to this thread but, bolded so nobody gets upset, this thread is not a phoenix of Helix's thread, it's a discussion of the implications. Let's try avoid discussion of the particular case, but the implications of it.

My argument is probably best framed with a question and I think ye'll get the jist of my feedback from it. Say tonight in the pub I say to Run DMC "Yeah, stargal said she thinks you're a prick." Would I be permanently banned? I think that would be a load of crap. Even if I had a stand-up argument with someone I would hope I would not get banned for it.

Now I know there's far more involved regarding bad intentions and so on. But, as per thread title, that's the problem with precedents.

I think Boards may be taking the wrong course of action here.

Just for full disclosure: I think Helix is a very good poster on the Soccer forum and he has gone out of his way to get tickets for me before and so I may "care" about this more than if it were a random poster.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The Economist

This just happened yesterday.
    I expect that DeV is still working his head around it and I am closing this thread until he has had the time to work out the implications of this and give his opinion then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Just to add, we are discussing this issue in the office, but we may not have a final answer about it today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement