Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician daily rate?

• 29-05-2009 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I got a quote from an electrician and his daily rate is €288 a day and €144 for an apprentice. Is this a fair rate? It seems a little high given the current climate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

you need to get a price for the job if you're concerned .you can't predict the value for money on daily-rates as it depends how fast they work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

davelerave wrote: »
    you need to get a price for the job if you're concerned .you can't predict the value for money on daily-rates as it depends how fast they work

I got a quote for the job and using his estimate of a 1.5 days and himself and "boy" I worked out his daily rate (2:1 ratio). Here is the actual job and the materials seem very high too. I have the fan and outside light fittings so 6 down lights some cable, 3 switches and transformer is €375! I think it is a days work for two people max. Waiting on another quote so I'll compare

6 down lights diode 3/4
    1 extractor fan mounted
    rearrange hallway switches
    1 supply for doorbell
    down lights to be switched separate
    out side lights to be installed.
    material cost to include
    cable
    boxes
    switches
    downlights
    junction boxes connectors
    Material costs
    € 375.00
    €375.00
    labour 1 .5 days 1 man 1 boy
    € 650.00
    €650.00
    The works involved to chase for switches and lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

you cant extrapolate a daily rate from a quote for a complete job.just get more prices from suitable candidates

Advertisement