Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haggling

Options
  • 29-05-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

:pac:Just thought I would start a thread to see how other peple have gottn on with haggling in todays climate. I have just reduced the cost of installing solar panels by €1000 by shopping around and haggling with suppliers anyone else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

not a bargain alert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭schoolbag2

i got E25 of a private dance last nigth

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭niffle

ok maybe wrong forum but €1000reduction by haggling is in my humble opinion a bargain ! what forum do you suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

it was a bargain for you but u havent provided anything to allow other users to contact someone about getting solar panels for 1k less other than suggesting they haggle for everything and anything with suppliers. consumer issues in my opinion would be more relevant but then again that matters not, the moderating gods will decide in sure

• Registered Users Posts: 43,917 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to Consumer Issues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

niffle

did you get a grant from sei for it

who you get your panels off am thinking of the same myself

thanks paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have no problem chancing my arm on price, within reason, like if some thing was €50 i wouldn't offer €10 :D , It's the retailers who in many cases have the problem , you'd swear they where being robbed the way some look at you if you try to haggle. Last example of my haggling was at the butchers where what i was getting came to 10.30.

So i said lets it call an even 10 and held out a 10 euro note, fair enough you might say ????

The butcher proceeded to take a few finger fulls of mince out and back in till the price was down to 10, this was after it had been bagged and sealed.

If he'd just said no that he couldn't sell for 10 i would have said fair enough here's you're 30c , he was told "sorry you can keep it".

Now you'd think this would have put me off going in , but its the only place close and they do good meat, so I did go back to them. On the next visit i was buying more or less the same and the same young lad serving me (I was a bit embarrassed lol) and he says thats 10.70 let's call it an even 10 for you sir :D

Advertisement