Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

history topic 2

Options
  • 29-05-2009 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey ! So loads of people are predicting 1885/1886 elections to be on and i was thinking that the question could be
    1. Describe the events of the elections
    or
    2. Why were the elections important for the future of Irish politics.

For the second question what way would you approach it?

Any help would be great!...Why do they make the History course so long??!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KeepOnPimpin'

if you look at the exam papers a question from 1 of the documents comes up every in every section...

Social and political reform:
    - Fall of the Liberals (1885 gen election...)
    - GAA
    - 1913 Lockout

Pursuit of Soverienty....:
    - the Treaty negotiations
    - The Eucharistic Congress
    - The Belfast Bombings

Dic to Demo
    - Stalins Show Trails
    - The Nuremburg Rallies
    - The Jarrow March

If you study these you should at least cover yourself... but then again their tricky people in the depart of Edu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

if you look at the exam papers a question from 1 of the documents comes up every in every section...

Social and political reform:
    - Fall of the Liberals (1885 gen election...)
    - GAA
    - 1913 Lockout

Pursuit of Soverienty....:
    - the Treaty negotiations
    - The Eucharistic Congress
    - The Belfast Bombings

Dic to Demo
    - Stalins Show Trails
    - The Nuremburg Rallies
    - The Jarrow March

If you study these you should at least cover yourself... but then again their tricky people in the depart of Edu

First off all you didn't answer his question at all and secondly, thats awful advice. Just learning the case studies is most definitely a big risk as they may not come up or they could come up in a very difficult question.

In answer to your question....What I would do is explain what actually happened during the elections to bulk the essay out, then give its effects on Irish politics. I could be wrong though so don't rely on my advice! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 predominanantly

- Almost twenty years of Conservative rule developed. The Libs were weakened by the spilts and the cons developed killing home rule with kindness.
    - The Unionists started to grow and the idea of partition started.
    - Parnell couldn't horsetrade any more and he was tied to the Conservatives.

As well as going through the whole thing, obviously..

Advertisement