Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Arrows To Fly Over City 4.10PM

Options
  • 29-05-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

From Galway Bay FM

Red Arrows To Fly Over City 4.10PM today on the way to Shannon Airport

:D:D:D

Comments

Cool - they shouldn't have announced it - now there will be someone on their way down to shannon with a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

:(

I was hoping any practice or fly past today would be a bit later in the evening. Won't get out of work until about 3:45 and it usually takes 2hrs to get home to Galway from Athlone on Friday evenings. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

KevR wrote: »
    :(

I was hoping any practice or fly past today would be a bit later in the evening. Won't get out of work until about 3:45 and it usually takes 2hrs to get home to Galway from Athlone on Friday evenings. :(

Sorry to tell you but it will probably be a bit longer this evening. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Sorry to tell you but it will probably be a bit longer this evening. :eek:

I know, not looking forward to it at all. I don't know what possesed me to drive to work today, I should have took the train.

Am considering diverting via Athenry on the R348 and then take the R349 into Galway. Main problem is that the roads around Athenry are in such a bad state I could end up damaging my car..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A roof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Those Red Arrows move so fast .Blink and you'll miss them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

They're going overhead as I type this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Aw, that was 16:08, I heard it but didnt see them
    Someone tell them to do it again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

I just saw one of them ............ Seriously fast and loud ...... nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Knew nothing about the flypast today, till they went straight by my livingroom window. AWESOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I was out hanging washing - heard them and looked up straight away but couldn't see them. too many walls around me. :(

I'll see them tomorrow anyway!!

Missed it too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Wow they suddenly appeared in front of me - caught me by surprise! Was expected them to come from Salthill direction, don't know why in hindsight!!

Anyway got a shot of 'em...

red_arrows.jpg

Better levels for the planes..
    croppedarrows.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

I heard the rumble, they flew in from my blind side and I don't have time to point the camera in thier direction. Got some shots of them in the distance though, over in the pics thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

That's an amazing picture, no I don't mean the quality or the Red Arrows. No it's the blue sky and fluffy white clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

AAB8B3FE91DC4858837A66F95275EE76-800.jpg

B556C8338B4449C598ABD86132C77D6F-800.jpg

B90E2C3BA286455E8A6596987892D385-800.jpg

2DAC4CEF8B88449F82BD692179157A1A-800.jpg

1CA96268B6BA482F82D5710D172A2751-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

feckin' brilliant photos gary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Heard them pass the house near gmit,didn't expect them at all,Scared the bejasus outta me...Looking forward too tomorrow now :D...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Great photos guys. Well done.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Frank Jnr

Was waiting for the Reds today at Carnmore, they didn't come in quite the way I was expecting them to, caught them but they were backlit, larger version is here if anyone's interested:

http://www.worldairpics.com/photo/1031221/L/

1031221.jpg

Regards,

Frank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

saw them when i was in a traffic jam , my kids were in awe , me seen them too many times lol brother followed them madly in the 70/80s in the uk.
    surprised there here today there base in farnbrough in the uk is a 30 min flight good too see them though reminds me of my childhood and home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

saw them when i was in a traffic jam , my kids were in awe , me seen them too many times lol brother followed them madly in the 70/80s in the uk.
    surprised there here today there base in farnbrough in the uk is a 30 min flight good too see them though reminds me of my childhood and home

Hi all, hope you enjoyed that:) The Red's base is RAF Scampton in Lincoln, not Farnborough, RAF Farnborough is a British Aerospace Base.

Advertisement