Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White streaks on roof

Options
  • 29-05-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for some advice here. I have white streaks (from the concrete) coming down from the ridge tiles of the roof. There are also different streaks coming down the tiles around the dormer (Think it's from the lead). Is there anything we can do to get rid of these. Someone suggested painting the tiles but I really don't want to do that.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

The streaks coming from the lead can be sorted, well future ones, the lead should be smeared with a type of oil to prevent it, someone more technical will tell you the name of it. Sorry can't be of more help.

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

you need to get patonation oil and rub it to the lead to prevent future damage. im not sure if you can remove the white streaks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

cork1 wrote: »
    you need to get patonation oil and rub it to the lead

thats right. you should be able to wash off streaks
    with a bit of normal washing powfer and water and bit of elbow grease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kobs15

you can get brick cleaner its like an acid you can put over the streaks, once poured over the streaks it will foam up, leave for approx 2 mins and then scrub with a hard brush. Then wash off with water and wahey -hey presto!

You can purchase this in chadwicks, if theres one near you

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Theres no point in applying a coat of patination oil to the lead because lead needs to be treated on all four side and ends to stop runs , if only the outside face is done the inside face will still oxadies with the moister in the air . the only way to help stop the running of the lead is to apply an lead anite oxs paint .

• Advertisement
Advertisement