Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probelm with E-mail link

Options
  • 29-05-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭

When I receive an e-mail from boards it reads the following
    Dear Quazzie,

javaboy has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - A modest proposal for boards.ie
    - in the After Hours forum of boards.ie

This thread is located at:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055577980&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by Zascar)---
    OP - I 100% agree with you, and so do many others - this very topic has been done to death many many times - see the 17 page thread on "How can we improve after hours (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055487388
    )" where many people agrued to the hills that a change is needed to try to seperate the decent discussion from the idiotic bullcrap. It's not going to happen. The baords.ie
    Gods like it the way it is - full of nonsense and childish jokes - and they are petrified of any type of change.

---End Quote---
    It's up to the users to change things. Mods/admins can only do so much. If we were to start dishing out bans and infractions for people who tried to make jokes, we'd have far more complaints on our hands.
    - Show quoted text -

But when I click on the link it brings me to the original post in the thread rather than the post the e-mail was about i.e Javaboy's post.

Nothing anything major just a glitch I thought I'd report

Is this happening for anyone else?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Which link are you clicking? This one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055577980&goto=newpost should work ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Maybe its just me then, When I click that link it brings me to the original post by Melange. I might try clear my cache and see what happens

This is happening again but only on certain threads. :confused:

When I follow the link in the e-mail it goes to the start of the thread rather than the last read post, which normally happens.

Any ever seen this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I've only ever seen it when you click a link to a post that's been deleted...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

In the first link
    goto=newpost

will only go to the last post in that thread regardless of who posted it. There should be a note in the end of the email that reads the following
    There may also be other replies, [B]but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.[/B]

All the best,
    boards.ie

The email you got was sent when Javaoy posted in that thread, but there has been posts since

The second link in that email is a link taken from a quote

/edit

Actually nm me

Its wierd :(

• Advertisement

I see what you are saying Sparky, but it only happens with a some threads. For example today it happened with the "Irish Debt Clock?" Thread. Every other e-mail I got was perfectly fine. I cleared my cache, history etc and restarted Firefox but it stayed the same for that one particular email. :confused:

I'm home from work now and tried the link in the latest e-mail and ity worked fine so its also computer specific.

I feel special now since no one seems to know what it is.

Advertisement