Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Blinds

• 29-05-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I am looking at getting new window blinds.
    Does anyone know of any suppliers locally who might provide a good service at a good price ?

Thanks for the info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Duster wrote: »
    I am looking at getting new window blinds.
    Does anyone know of any suppliers locally who might provide a good service at a good price ?

Thanks for the info.

Would help if we had an idea of where locally was :p

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Duster

This being the Donegal Thread I would have thought that would be enough information.

So local = Donegal :rolleyes:

I don't want to restrict options to one small area of the county.
    Any reputable blind company would work within those bounds and I am sure in the current climate would not mind having to travel if they got a sale. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭f00tball

Well you hardly expect to order blinds from Classic's in Letterkenny and have them travel all the way to Bundoran when there is probably a good store there. :confused:

That'll cost ya! :mad:

I'm sure they all cost the same anyway so why not just buy wherever is nearest to you? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

f00tball wrote: »
    Well you hardly expect to order blinds from Classic's in Letterkenny and have them travel all the way to Bundoran when there is probably a good store there. :confused:

That'll cost ya! :mad:

I'm sure they all cost the same anyway so why not just buy wherever is nearest to you? :cool:

Current climate, any good salesperson will be out there trying to find business.
    If it cost the same, we'd never have coined the expression 'shopping around' :confused:

I don’t understand why people can’t either reply with helpful posts or just say nothing at all?

Duster like yourself, I'm looking for blinds too at present.
    I'm in the Letterkenny area so some of the places I am aware of are:

Classic blinds
    BM Blinds
    QA Blinds

Also looking at (but think some of these may be gone) :
    http://www.homewise.ie/search/Donegal/Blinds/223/

And…
    www.b4i.ie (Blinds 4 Ireland) - You can view blind styles/types online, get samples and order what you need. Obviously downside is that you've to put them up yourself. Jury's out on this for me at the moment as it would be much easier having someone come in, measure and hang them. Any hassle, and you can go straight back to the shop. But, I’m not ruling it out.

Hope this helps.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

I used Gola Blinds and have no fault with the service or price. Even got the Velux blackout blinds from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Duster

Thanks IsIt and Cul for the information.

Its good to know that other people out there are also looking for the best possible value and not just settling for the handiest option.

I think for once the customer might be in pole position ....hopefully ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

First Class Blinds
    Crossroads, Drung, Redcastle
    Tel: 074 93 83861
    Mobile: 086 1718850
    Email: firstclassblinds@hotmail.com

Got my blinds from the above, great quality & prices pretty fair. They do all over Donegal as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ladymarmalade

First Class Blinds
    Crossroads, Drung, Redcastle
    Tel: 074 93 83861
    Mobile: 086 1718850
    Email: firstclassblinds@hotmail.com

Got my blinds from the above, great quality & prices pretty fair. They do all over Donegal as well.[/QUOTE

I also got my blinds from theses guys and cant praise them enough. Service was friendly and speedy and the price was good too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

I thought this thread was about Windows Blinds, not window blnds......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Caoltan wrote: »
    I thought this thread was about Windows Blinds, not window blnds......
    Your point is?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

AFAIK, Windows Blinds was/is a skinning program for MS Windows to change the user interface to something more unique.

Advertisement