Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL 20 years a University

• 29-05-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised that no thread was started about this.

Yesterday saw the "Party at the Plaza" to celebrate UL's 20th year as a University.
    Various acts were on a stage in the centre of the plaza, and free food [bbq] and drink was served.
    I'd estimate the crowd being around 1,000 at its peak. The weather was perfect, and the buzz was great about the place.

President Don Barry spoke well about the past 20 years, and the bright future UL has to look forward to.

The celebrations spilled into the Stables afterwards, and it was quite busy all night thereafter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I got an email about it from the Alumni Association a while back. I probably would have gone if I wasn't in Germany. On the bright side I do have good beer here, not free but definitely cheaper than Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

I'm with rmacm on this one.... just popped into Franprix.... lovely box of wine 99c!!!

I mean :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

and not talking per litre .... it defo doesnt taste like diesel either!! (t was a 3 litre box!

DJCR wrote: »
    I'm with rmacm on this one.... just popped into Franprix.... lovely box of wine 99c!!!

I mean :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

and not talking per litre .... it defo doesnt taste like diesel either!! (t was a 3 litre box!

Ffs box wine......man I got 20 1/2 litre bottles of beer here for €12.99 + the small recycling charge which you get back when you return the crate or else not get back because any reasonable person would just return one crate and pick up another. Box wine wheather it tastes like diesel or not is not to be trusted, drink beer instead it's good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

rmacm wrote: »
    Ffs box wine......man I got 20 1/2 litre bottles of beer here for €12.99 + the small recycling charge which you get back when you return the crate or else not get back because any reasonable person would just return one crate and pick up another. Box wine wheather it tastes like diesel or not is not to be trusted, drink beer instead it's good for you.
    Ah yes I remember after being in Dresden recently seeing a homeless woman (or at least she looked homeless) being in a shopping backet full of plastic bottles. Handy idea.

Are you on co-op in Germany at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

It was a good idea and looked well organised. They were blessed with the weather too. I RSVP on the meail but couldn't make it unfortunately. It would be great if they could turn it in to an annual event.

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ah yes I remember after being in Dresden recently seeing a homeless woman (or at least she looked homeless) being in a shopping backet full of plastic bottles. Handy idea.

Are you on co-op in Germany at the moment?

Pfft.....co-op I did that back in 2005. I graduated in 2007 and I'm working for Ericsson, I'm over here on an assignment from Ericsson Ireland.

As for the bottles yep you can do it with plastic ones too even in the canteen at work which is pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Mrmoe wrote: »
    It was a good idea and looked well organised. They were blessed with the weather too. I RSVP on the meail but couldn't make it unfortunately. It would be great if they could turn it in to an annual event.

What...have a birthday party for UL every year??? Suppose its an excuse for the Uni to lay on FREE drink!!

As a by the by ..... that crate thing is a really good idea. Do you think it would work in Ireland?
    I know they don't do it individually in France, but the businesses do + they get money for it!

Advertisement