Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new Eyre Square sight

Options
  • 29-05-2009 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

I dont know whats gotton into some girls this weather. Was driving through Eyre Square on my way home last Saturday night. I had my wife and her friends in the car. I was just taking it easy when this really hammered girl falls out onto the road. If thats not bad enough she was shall we say a little over weight with a short dress on proudly displaying her thunder thighs. Her skirt hiked up around her waist as she fell and she had no undies on......! The full lot was on display for all to see..!

Is this the way that girls about Galway are going out now with no respect for themselves...? or please tell me this was an isolated incident by some random slapper..

Anybody else witness this or anything like it...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Sounds Hilarious!!!

Anywhere near Kebab club :)

Cant say I've noticed any more drunks than usual around,
    I ended up helping some girl clean up her face in supermacs one night after some knack hit her outside, I was quite appauled at the fact nobody offered to help consideing she was there for a good few minutes bleeding before I went over.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Fairly common sight lately, Galway has become a haven for gormless fools and slappers....Coyote's seems to attract most of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Her skirt hiked up around her waist as she fell and she had no undies on......! The full lot was on display for all to see..!

I know her!
    That was my friend Fanny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

Girls aren't the only ones getting locked and falling around the place being a danger to themselves. Guys do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You wouldn't be complaining if she wasn't obese would you? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Girls aren't the only ones getting locked and falling around the place being a danger to themselves. Guys do it too.

I don't doubt you for a second, but have you got a story to tell us too?

Mactard wrote: »
    I don't doubt you for a second, but have you got a story to tell us too?

I was walking from Halo to Supermacs (Cross St.) one night, and I saw a guy on his hands and knees kind of puking in a doorway. He was obviously totally out of it, you could see that. His friend was just standing beside him, waiting for him. It was disgusting, I felt like telling him to have some dignity.

Drive around town on any Saturday night, or go to Supermac's in Eyre Sq. and you'll see them falling about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,487 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

OP, did you get her number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

Typical female response :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I would say what people wear is their own business. When I find myself straying towards impatience with other people's clothing choices, I have to remind myself of Germany in the 30's etc. :pac:

However, the ludicrous booze culture is everyone's responsibility. That ranges between:
    • hassle for drivers
    • intimidation of other people
    • tendancy towards violence
    • smashed windows on retail premises
    • tendancy to 'get it on' without protection, leaving taxpayers to finance resulting bastards
    • increased litter from cans, broken bottles, fast food wrapping
    • vomit and urine smell right into next day
    • A&E mayhem
    • etc.
    All of the above is, unfortunately, our business in Galway. You are right when you perceive it to be getting worse. Out of towners have come to see the city as some kind of booze theme park. Council only see revenue for the pubs (Galway for the craic!) and turn blind eye to the downside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gmitStu

topper75 wrote: »
    I would say what people wear is their own business

No if they are fat and are subjecting me to fat flaps and thick ties.

Nobody wants to see that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I was walking from Halo to Supermacs (Cross St.) one night, and I saw a guy on his hands and knees kind of puking in a doorway. He was obviously totally out of it, you could see that. His friend was just standing beside him, waiting for him. It was disgusting, I felt like telling him to have some dignity.

Drive around town on any Saturday night, or go to Supermac's in Eyre Sq. and you'll see them falling about the place.

:( Well, was hoping you had an interesting story to tell like the OP's. Yours applies to anyone really, not just men, not just women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I firmly believe that the solution to excessive drinking lie in friends taking responsibility for others. As society we need a little more self-policing. The gaurds can't arrest every drunk.

:( Well, was hoping you had an interesting story to tell like the OP's. Yours applies to anyone really, not just men, not just women.

Well, that was my original point. Besides the girl flashing her bits...guys do that too, it's just that their bits look different! Granted, that girl obviously had no class - which I think was the main point of the OP - but there are plenty of guys out there with no class either, who make total spectacles of themselves when drunk. That was just the most recent story I could think of, there have been more down through the years, you know what I mean.

And of course I'm going to have a typical female response - I have to stand up for the girls :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

And of course I'm going to have a typical female response - I have to stand up for the girls :D

At least the girls you would stand up for would wear a pair of undies..... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

There s always an increase in this sort of behavior during events like St.Patricks Day,Race Week,Ocean Race,Rag Week,Sunny Days,Rugby matches,Soccer Matches,The Debs,Leaving Cert results and other days when there is nothing on so everyone goes drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

People hammered drunk falling around making fools of themselves on a Saturday night :eek:
    Yes that's definitely exclusive to Galway alright OP ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

rarnes1 wrote: »
    OP, did you get her number?

or a picture maybe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

kids these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Can state for a fact if it was some tarted up stick of a young one no-one would be complaning!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Fran Costello

Hope it didn't spoil your weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cactus86

"I firmly believe that the solution to excessive drinking lie in friends taking responsibility for others. As society we need a little more self-policing. The gaurds can't arrest every drunk."

I disagree. Im a non drinker, all my friends drink, but it is not my job to take care of them every time they get plastered. Yes of course i look out for them if I think they are in any kind of danger, but they know that if they are drunk, vomiting etc, im not going to spend my night minding them like they are kids.

Most importantly, they respect that & we still have fun nights out every time

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

True, but they (usually!) don't wear short skirts and no underwear! :D

More seriously, while I wouldn't by any means dispute that there are problems, or that some people don't seem to have the sense they were born with, I would still argue that Galway sees a lot less of the worst kind of anti-social behaviour (considering its size and how busy it is at weekends especially) than a lot of smaller towns in Ireland ... a conclusion I have come to from doing a fair bit of travelling for work over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

Slighty off thread, but anyone see the two lads baiting each other this morning outside western bar / council buildings, about 09.30 or 10 am. Out on the road swingin at each other! Maybe they were just messing but it looked real :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It doesn't apply to anyone, it just applies to the hordes of drunken twats in this town. There are plenty of drinkers who can have responsible fun in Galway, but unfortunately the twats are far more visible. If people can't have fun while behaving like adult human beings while drunk then they shouldn't drink, full stop. A night out can be great craic in Galway, but there is definitely a line and far too many people cross it. The unpleasant consequences of this can be anything from fights, filthy streets, vandalism etc. And its not unlikely that the fatal stabbing incident last night was a result of crossing this line too (not speculating on the cause, just suggesting that there's a strong possibility that drink was a factor).

cornbb wrote: »
    It doesn't apply to anyone, it just applies to the hordes of drunken twats in this town.

I do agree with you, but would like to point out that ANYONE can be a "drunken twat". Saying that only "drunken twats" act like "drunken twats" is like saying that only murderers murder, only fat people are fat...you aren't wrong of course, but these things are pretty self explanatory.

Of course, when I said "anyone" earlier I thought it was really very clear, given the context, that I was referring to non-gender specific roles, as the story I had replied to is as follows:
    ...and I saw a guy on his hands and knees kind of puking in a doorway

Mandysmithers was talking about guys being just as bad as the ladies when they've had a few too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    I firmly believe that the solution to excessive drinking lie in friends taking responsibility for others. As society we need a little more self-policing. The gaurds can't arrest every drunk.

Probably because being drunk isn't a crime. I can imagine that would hinder the progress of the Planet of the Apes-esque round up with horse mounted gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

cactus86 wrote: »
    "I firmly believe that the solution to excessive drinking lie in friends taking responsibility for others. As society we need a little more self-policing. The gaurds can't arrest every drunk."

I disagree. Im a non drinker, all my friends drink, but it is not my job to take care of them every time they get plastered. Yes of course i look out for them if I think they are in any kind of danger, but they know that if they are drunk, vomiting etc, im not going to spend my night minding them like they are kids.

Well said. I'm a drinker, but I never get so plastered that I cannot take responsibility for myself.

I find it really, really strange that being under the influence of alcohol seems to be treated as an acceptable explanation for bad behaviour. It's not like the Buckie (or whatever) leaps out of the bottle and into your throat all by itself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement