Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG

Options
  • 29-05-2009 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

In terms of dynamic mechanisms and some conic section questions, does anybody know if you are able to use the trammel method to draw them, or is it considered cheating, will you be docked marks if you use it?

Comments

I'm not sure about the new course, but I know that you were allowed to in the old course. So, I doubt they've changed it.

It's the messiest method though, I wouldn't recommend using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

You will have to stick your trammel guide onto the exam.

Concentric circles ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

ive got planes and traces, interpenetration, the dynamic mechanisms q and the assembliy question covered fairly wee. im just wondering can the exam catch me out or are all these questions definates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

galway.gaa wrote: »
    ive got planes and traces, interpenetration, the dynamic mechanisms q and the assembliy question covered fairly wee. im just wondering can the exam catch me out or are all these questions definates.

Dynamic mechanisms and assemblies are definite questions.

The others are not, i.e. interpretations and planes, but they would be the two most likely questions on section B. However nowhere is it stated that they are compulsory. You should probably look at conic sections / Solids in Contact/ axonmetric / perspective. Or some of them anyway so you don't get a nasty shock in 2 weeks. You would have to know all that stuff for the short questions anyway which are worth 25%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

thanks that could of caught me out big time

• Advertisement
Advertisement