Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Diary Entry Phrases - Idioms

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dannloads

J'en ai vraiment marre du lycée
    J'en ai vraiment marre de l'école
    C'est vrai!

A good one to throw in is 'J'en ai vraiment marre!'
    Or 'J'en ai vraiment marre de lycée' or sth like that.
    It means 'I'm fed up!'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Dannloads wrote: »
    J'en ai vraiment marre du lycée
    J'en ai vraiment marre de l'école
    Sorry, I edited the post to avoid confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

Thanks, Dannloads.

Obviously you can't pack them with irrelevant phrases but to what extent do people think you can pre-prepare these comprehensions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Je suis excite(e)
    I think "j'ai hâte!" is more suitable. Excite does mean excited but not in the happy sense :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yayagreenday

je n'ai pas un soulrond, je vais cherche un petit boulot - i don't have a penny, i'm going to look for a part time job :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Some really great phrases here and by all means learn a few of them but for your own sake, don't try to fit as many of them into a single diary entry as is possible.. ;)

My favourite phrase for some reason is:

J'ai failli tomber dans les pommes! = I almost fainted!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dannloads

Je n'ai pas un sou, je vais chercher un petit boulot - i don't have a penny, i'm going to look for a part time job :D

Are you confusing "sou" with "soûl" (or spelt "saoul") and "rond" that mean "drunk"?
    Check these links on wikipedia for sou and sou (French version)

Hope this helps
    D

Advertisement