Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Report?

Options
  • 29-05-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I was coming out of town around 1:30 and the traffic into town was out as far as the Race Track - Tom Hogans.
    Anybody know what its like now?
    I have go get back into Bohermore for 4:30pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Any update lads? I'm leaving Parkmore for Shannon Airport in the next ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

*GALWAY CITY* Traffic is at a standstill on Forsters St, slow moving around Eyre Square, inbound on Merchants Rd and Fr. Griffin Rd. Outbound volumes are very heavy in Salthill and on College Rd. Also, all approaches to the Moneenageisha jct are very slow. * Bear in mind that Dock Rd is down to one lane inbound for the Volvo Ocean Race festival until 8th June.

*GALWAY CITY* Extremely busy in Galway; at a standstill around the Docks and Eyre Square. Heavy on the Dublin, Tuam and Headford Rds. Delays on Lough Atalia, College Rd and Bohermore. Also heavy volumes in Salthill. * Bear in mind that Dock Rd is down to one lane inbound for the Volvo Ocean Race festival until 8th June.

I'm leaving Athlone now, not looking forward to traffic in Galway..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just the thought of sitting in that traffic is turning me off the ocean race. Don't know if I'll bother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

PLEASE, if you want to see the Volvo Ocean Race, use the buses for once. Parking is non-existent in town anyway.

Also, it will allow you to sit and have a drink without worrying about it.

• Advertisement

Took me 2 and a half hours to travel the 63 miles home this evening. An hour of that was getting about 6 miles across Galway, half an hour was driving the couple of miles through Ballinasloe. Painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I thought the traffic was very light this evening, went out the N17 through Claregalway around 6:45 and there was no tailback, everyone must have left the city early on today.

Heading to the Red Arrows in the morning, that might be interesting....

Was mental Eastbound on the Oranmore Dual Carriageway. Luckily I was going the other way!

Got past the Tuam Rd roundabout going West on the N6 and then got stuck in a tailback the whole way down the Eastern Bypass, across by Dunnes Terryland, over the Bridge and up through Westside. Bumper to bumper, inching along the whole way (approx 5km tailback). Not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Was in town earlier this morning and the only heavy traffic was along merchants road.
    Knew there would be heavy traffic there but needed parking so parked in the eyre square shopping centre.

Regular traffic going out bohermore and the tuam road.

Made it my mission to avoid bothar na dtreabh and the headford road

Advertisement