Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Shop for Business

Options
  • 29-05-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,

Im thinking of setting up an online shop for my business. Can anyone reccomend a company that they have used and give me a rough idea of a costing for such a venture below is a couple of sites that i like and are in the same trade in the UK. www.yorkgunsonline.co.uk or www.avalon-shop.co.uk or www.uttings.com any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Having an online shop is not just about displaying products, but a shopping cart to, payment options: Credit Card (requires Internet Merchant account) or PayPal, etc.

It's usually an expensive adventure, therefor you need to make sure is what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I already a merchant account in the shop itself so that should make it abit easier im told Realex is a good option once you have a merchant account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Not really as you will need another "INTERNET MERCHANT ACCOUNT"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Louie is right you need and internet merchant account and you really need to plan what you require for the site. Prices will vary greatly unless you know exactly what you need.

You could get a templated open source shopping cart from around €1,500. But ideally you should invest in a unique design tailored to your corporate image. That will set you back a bit more.

You could also invest a lot more and have completely tailored site - but that will be a lot more expensive.

Advertisement