Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glass cutting

Options
  • 29-05-2009 3:20pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a diamond blade able to cut glass with no chipping and will fit in my wet tile cutting machine
    present blade size is 110x1.8(not vital)x22.2(seven eights)
    I have seen glass cutting blades online mainly in the us but the abour size is wrong maby some one knows where i can get some of these in ireland
    By the way i have tried to cut the glass with the existing blade but it chips the edges very badly
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

not sure why you need to cut glass with your tile cutter,
    An oil filled glass cutter that you can buy from any glazing company might be your best option.it will move and turn very easily to cut your glass.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

the glass in question is bottles jars ect my daughter decied to make tumblers out of old bottles and came up with a plan to fill the bottle with oil and then plunge in a red hot poker!!!!! daddy not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Thanks for that might get some and see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Was thinking of doing the same. I have some wine glasses made out of wine bottles and thought it would be cool to do the same myself. There are how to videos on youtube.

• Advertisement
Advertisement