Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6600i - smallest 5MP camera phone

• 29-05-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

nokia6600i-slide-silver-closed.jpgnokia6600i-slide-silver-side.jpg

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-6600i-slide

I think this is the smallest 5MP camera phone around. Takes up to a 16gb card which is nice. Comes in black and silver and meant to be shipping third quarter of 2009 for €200 mark

Dimensions: 93.0 x 45.0 x 14.2 mm
    Weight: 110 g
    Volume: 52 cc

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Rather band looking phone to be honest (looks wise).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not Symbian. It doesn't have GPS.

2 things I really want in a phone these days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Jonathan wrote: »
    Rather band looking phone to be honest (looks wise).

I think it looks alright, very simplistic. I like that its not the usual plastic finish. Looks good in the black too

nokia6600i_slide_black_open.jpg

Random wrote: »
    It's not Symbian. It doesn't have GPS.

2 things I really want in a phone these days :(

I think is aimed at the more basic user hence the series 40, but with a high quality camera. It does have the nokia maps app pre-installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Looks great. Hope to have this as my next phone. Where will we be able to buy it for €200 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

5MP means nothing unless a few decent sample pictures. the sensors they put on phones are tiny so expect tons of noise or a very 'processed' looking image.

ye 5mp is not the be and end all, its normally just a sign of a range of the spec. Its a nice phone imo and expect it more in the €250 i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Anybody know how the tap function works on this phone? It wont work for me.

Tips for tapping
    Using the tapping feature

The tap function allows you to quickly mute and reject calls and alarm tones and to display a clock just by tapping two times on the back or the front of the phone when the slide is closed.

Tapping functions are on by default, but to activate or deactivate the function and to control the vibration feedback, select Menu > Settings > Phone > Sensor setting.
    Double tap to mute the phone on incoming calls and alarms

When you get a call, you can mute the ringing sound by double tapping on the display when the phone is closed. You can reject the same incoming call by double tapping again on the display. Sounds will be restored for the next incoming call.
    Tap for time

You can see the clock by double-tapping the phone. If you have missed calls or have received new messages, you must view them before you can see the time. You can switch the clock type between analog or digital clock in Menu > Settings > Phone > Sensor settings.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Thanks Davy. I had read that alright on the nokia website. I think its a software bug. I turned the sensor settings off and restored the factory settings. Then turned it back on again.

It seems to be responding a bit now although you would practically want to bash the phone off the wall twice to get any sort of response out of it. Its hardly a tap. If i tapped that hard on the screen i would break it.

Just a gimmick, though it would be handy but its useless. Or maybe mine is just broken.

Cheers for the search anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement