Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We Need To Talk About Ross

Options
  • 29-05-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Has anyone read the new release from the ROCK series? It's a slightly different angle on a funny easy-reading series. I'd be interested to hear if its worth picking up?
    Sportsman. Lover. Bon vivant. Cad. Ross O'Carroll-Kelly is many things to many people. But ten years after he lifted the Leinster Schools Senior Cup, Ireland’s most beloved rogue remains one of its most misunderstood figures. Based on more than seventy interviews with those who know him best, this warts-and-all biography lifts the lid once and for all on the Rossmeister.

It promises to be a witty take on the excesses of the Celtic Tiger viewed through the rear view mirror. This is from a feature in the Irish times
    ONE SUNDAY MORNING, it wasn’t too long ago, I paid €12 for a loaf of bread. It had caraway seeds in it. I sawed off two slices, ate one, picked at the other and three days later dumped what was left into the bin. I only mention it because telling your guilty tales of excess is suddenly in fashion. Everyone is at it. You’ve got to have a story that demonstrates how you, too, slightly lost the run of yourself during the good times.

Comments

Advertisement