Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I had three lucid dreams in as many weeks.

Options
  • 29-05-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I'm reading Stephen LaBerges lucid dream book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. I haven't started a log book, but my mind is now geared towards lucid dreaming after immersing myself in this book.

1)

My first lucid dream was quite short. In my dream I was reading a book, then suddenly I became lucid. I don't know how I became lucid or what the trigger was, it just happened all of a sudden. I was still holding the book in my lucid state, so I decided to read it. Stephen Laberge's book states that reading a book is next to impossible in a lucid dream as the words keep on rearranging themselves every time you look away and look back. So I said let's see if that happens in my dream. Sure enough all the words were jumbled and incoherent and they kept on re-arranging themselves. After flicking through the book for a minute I started to feel myself slipping back into the dream state. I tried to stop it but it happens so quickly and before you know it I returned to "sleep".

2)

The next lucid dream started off as a nightmare. I was in your typical big scary house, it was dark, the lights were out. I was on the run from some unknown terror. I never got a proper look at it, all I could see were passing shapes accompanied by eery noises. All af a sudden though, I realized that it was a dream and completely "awoke" inside my dream. Again, I don't know what triggered the lucidity.

I was standing in a large dining room, and there were coloured paper cups and plates and fizzy drinks on the table, it looked like there was a party held in the house recently. The lights were now on. Nobody was around. I decided to go on the hunt for the monster, I was very eager to find out what it looked like. After running around the dining room looking around, I went out into the corridoor. Still no sign of the monster, the house was dead quiet. It was as if the dream had "paused".

I started to run down the corridoor to the very last door, but as I got closer to the door I could feel my control of the dream starting to abate, I was like "noooo not again come on hold onto it hold ooooon!!!". As I entered the door at the end of the hall I lost control and fell back into the dreamstate. Can't remember what happened after that.

3)

The third lucid dream was last night, and the most interesting. In my dream I was in a pub, at a table on my own, drinking a pint. I wasn't lucid. A pretty girl came over and sat down at my table and I started chatting to her. I asked her where she was from and she said Slovakia. I tried a few Slovakian greetings that I learned from people I work with in the "real world" (I was able to remember them perfectly). She was like "ah very good you can speak well" etc.

Then for some reason I suddenly woke up.

It was morning, I was lying in my bed. The sunlight was coming in through the blinds. I lay in my bed recalling the dream, thinking about the Slovakian girl. I was thinking to myself "ah sh!t I was getting on OK with her! Ah well".

I still felt tired so I decided to go back to sleep. I turned around to lie back down and got the shock of my life when I saw the Slovakian girl in my bed looking at me! It was a false awakening! I was fully sure I was awake!

Right then I snapped out of the dreamstate and was fully aware, it's strange how "wide awake" you feel when lucid. Well you can guess what happened next. I attempted lucid sex. I remember it being quite difficult but it was good fun. It wasn't long before I lost control again and slipped back into dreamland. I found myself in Limerick (but it wasn't Limerick), out on a session with my friends. I remember pulling one of them aside and telling them the story about my false awakening and the Slovakian girl etc. while still in the dream! Nuts.

This lucid dreaming thing is cool. Trying to stay "awake" and in control is quite difficult though.

Any cool lucid dream stories anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That sounds brilliant! Any tips on turning a dream into a lucid dream? Like think about it before sleep etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Try and get lots of sleep. About 8 hours, maybe more on the weekends. Thinking about it before sleep could help.

Keeping a log book of your dreams is supposed to help. You have to write down every dream you remember when you wake up. This will gear your mind towards lucid dreaming, and it will also give you a chance to find out if there are any patterns or "dreamsigns" in your dreams that you can look out for. A dreamsign could be a recurring thing, for example in your dreams you always drive a red car. The next time you dream about a red car you may say to yourself "hey that's a dreamsign" in your dream, and then possibly become lucid.

Read Stephen LaBerge's book.

I don't know how to turn a dream into a lucid dream, as I said, the first two happened all of a sudden, but sometimes lucidity can be triggered by something extremely odd in the dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

A few interesting ones there Op. I usually wake up during my Lucid dreams, Indeed I am more prone to them during broken sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickeymoney

Does anyone remember an invention that monitors REM and give a mild shock, not enough to wake you, but enough to trigger you to know you are dreaming.

If I remember correctly it could not be marketed as it didnt work on 100% of ppl and had to be taken off the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭leprechaun47

there's a device called the nova dreamer. It delivers lights and sound though not a shock. http://www.lucidity.com/novadreamer.html

• Advertisement

That thing costs an arm and a leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Theres a good site, www.ld4all.com
    thats where i looked one night.tried the tips to induce lucidity and it worked.that was 4 or 5 yrs ago now. havent been able to go lucid since.
    I was 100 percent awake just as I am now writing this post. I had vampire powers.I lit candlabras by waving my hands at them across the room.
    would kill to go lucid again. a good tip is the watch tip. u look at your watch all day and look away.if its the same time when u look back, u r in reality. if its changed time u know its a dream, and thats the trigger ur mind needs to go lucid.worked for me.....once.......5 yrs ago.haha

Brian.

ps, overblood, i frickin love 90 percent of those guys in ur signature....the Hitch, Asimov, hicks.ur like my long lost twin.

Theres a good site, www.ld4all.com
    thats where i looked one night.tried the tips to induce lucidity and it worked.that was 4 or 5 yrs ago now. havent been able to go lucid since.
    I was 100 percent awake just as I am now writing this post. I had vampire powers.I lit candlabras by waving my hands at them across the room.
    would kill to go lucid again. a good tip is the watch tip. u look at your watch all day and look away.if its the same time when u look back, u r in reality. if its changed time u know its a dream, and thats the trigger ur mind needs to go lucid.worked for me.....once.......5 yrs ago.haha

Brian.

ps, overblood, i frickin love 90 percent of those guys in ur signature....the Hitch, Asimov, hicks.ur like my long lost twin.

I heard another twist on that watch technique: everytime you look at your watch, ask yourself "am I dreaming?". Make it a habit. You may then look at your watch in your dream and instinctively ask "am I dreaming?", which could make you lucid once you realise that the answer is "yes!".

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

I hate waering a watch and never do, so that should be enough to trigger lucidity. the fact im wearing one. I'd love to hear if u have some more lucid dreams. If I talk about it more etc it might help me.

Laters,

Briano.

Advertisement