Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Traffic School in Clontarf

Options
  • 29-05-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

I see the Dublin Traffic School is no more, as is the 'running track' beside it. Does anyone here know what's happening with the site ?

Hopefully an amenity and not a car park for the DART station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

No way, I remember going there with my school many years ago and cycling around it, some were lucky to have them 'pull-backers' which were great fun for taking corners.

Remember many Sunday myself and my friends going down and taking the gap into it too...

Memories gallore actually, shame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

whats happened to the running track?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

whats happened to the running track?

The track and the traffic school have been razed, along with the vegetation seperating them.

The traffic school was overgrown and needed something to be done to it. The running track too was rough and in need of upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I heard somewhere there's a GAA pitch, soccer pitch and a hurling wall going up.

Haven't got a link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Aw that place was cool. They need to reopen it for the childers to learn about traffic. And for the older childers too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

are they replacing the running track?
    theyre trying to get a proper dirtbike area aswell.

Advertisement