Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching levels??

Options
  • 29-05-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

anyone getting worried or think they might drop down to pass between now and the day of the exam?!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If you plan on make sure you practice pass papers and know the layouts, as Higher and Ordinary can differ.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

ya french is a bit diff alright but not too much... physics maybe... i wish i studied before this week!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Switching on the day isn't always a good idea because if you have been studying HL for two years the OL paper might be confusing etc.

And also, remember that an A1 in pass = C3 in honours = 60 points

An A1 in pass is not easy to get, whereas a c3 in honours might be much more achieveable

Remember, to get an A1 in pass you need to know at least 90% of everything you learn well. To get a C3 in honours, you need to know at least 55% of everything (although the material is more difficult).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ya french is a bit diff alright but not too much... physics maybe... i wish i studied before this week!

The only difference in Physics is you get the formulas need at the end of each page, I dropped down to Ordinary about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

The only difference in Physics is you get the formulas need at the end of each page, I dropped down to Ordinary about 2 weeks ago.
    YA i am thinking of dropping , the only thing is ill need physics for points and i am afraid i would only get a C in pass .... ahhh!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Well as said above, some subjects differ between HL and OL. That said, last year when I was doing the Leaving, I failed HL Physics in my mocks and stuck at it until the day of the exam. On the day I decided to drop to OL and got an A2. So some subjects, if you genuinely are worried its worth having a think about it. :)

Best of luck to you all too. :)

Advertisement