Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brütal Legend

Options
  • 29-05-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

So, looking at the E3 vids for this and I'm psyched.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49774.html

Jack Black actually does really well in video games. He made Kung Fu Panda the game all the more enjoyable due to his voice and narration.

However, is anyone else worried that this is going to be another Psychonauts? Another Schafer classic, that will receive critical acclaim yet fall through the cracks due to not fitting neatly enough into a genre that the masses will buy. It will probably be overshadowed by some glossy GTA or Halo clone that the drones will buy in their millions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Also looking forward to this, Schafer has never failed to deliver great games.

I think the fact that Jack Black is starring in the game is enough to rustle up some interest alone. There's also the fact that Psychonauts has received a lot of interest post release, almost like a cult film, which makes me think this game may be comercially successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I think the fact that Jack Black is starring in the game is enough to rustle up some interest alone.

I like Jack Black, but he's like Marmite... some people really hate him. Although it looks like this role was written for JB.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How about, educate the masses & don't buy little Timmy FIFA for Xmas (even if that's what he put on his list).

And then when he complains, call him a spoiled brat & tell him how *WE* didn't get the game we wanted, and we learned to lump it & love it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Damn straight.

Looks good. Tim Schafer is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

There's a clip of some in-game footage here about 14 minutes in for anyone who is interested.

Edit: Bah, I need to read first posts properly :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

There's a clip of some in-game footage here about 14 minutes in for anyone who is interested.

Yeah that's the same stuff from the video I linked. Its a cut scene so you can't exactly see what the gameplay is like. I'm willing to bet it's another 3rd person platformer. I'm really hoping it's coop also.

EDIT: Wiki has confirmed details on the gameplay. Looks to be the same type of format as Psychonauts alright: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%BCtal_Legend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Psychonauts was a game full of imagination and innovation (despite the annoying type rope bit ;)) so I can't wait for another Schafer game. I'm not sure about Mr.Black and all that, but I do believe it will be a very good game based on what I've seen.

Advertisement