Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hammocks! Anyone have one?

Options
  • 29-05-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

I see Woodies are doing a lovely looking wooden hammock on speacial offer for only €80. It doesn't need to be nailed into a wall/tree, it's a stand alone thing.

Has anyone bought one of these stand alone hammocks?

Are they sturdy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

I got one in Lidl one time, steel frame which broke in two for easy storage....very very comfortable...great on days like this :)

just went onto the site, you talking about a three seater or a real " in between two bananna tree s type" hammock :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

gaz wac wrote: »
    I got one in Lidl one time, steel frame which broke in two for easy storage....very very comfortable...great on days like this :)

Thanks pal, saw the one in Lidl but the steel frame put me off, would prefer the wooden one from Woodies - the thought of lying back on one of them now is savage!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

I see Woodies are doing a lovely looking wooden hammock on speacial offer for only €80. It doesn't need to be nailed into a wall/tree, it's a stand alone thing.

Has anyone bought one of these stand alone hammocks?

Are they sturdy?

ya i got one in lidl before. fare handy. i smoked my brains out on it all summer. didn't move from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

This is mine :phttp://www.simplygardenfurniture.co.uk/Hammocks/Paradiso-Hammocks

bottle of wine, smoke and sunshine and im happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

wooden frames can break if left out in the rain etc. I recall an ad in the paper recently from some crowd (can't remember who) recalling their wooden framed hammocks back. Maybe reconsider a steel frame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

gaz wac wrote: »
    This is mine :phttp://www.simplygardenfurniture.co.uk/Hammocks/Paradiso-Hammocks

bottle of wine, smoke and sunshine and im happy :D

I have one like that - bought out of Woodies about 7 or 8 years ago and still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bowm

Yes, I had one of those wooden hammocks. Anyway, it broke when I was lying in it a few weeks ago and I ended up with a broken nose and 14 stitches, so not a recommended way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think it was B+Q who had an ad in papers very recently recalling a particular type of wood-framed hammock and warning people not to use it. The problem was that the rain got at it and weakened it.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/News_+_Research/Product_Recalls/B_Q_recalls_garden_hammock.html

Advertisement