Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two yellow labs missing in Knocknacarra

Options
  • 29-05-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

my neighbour's two yellow labs are missing as of this morning (Ballymoneen Road). Some "helpful" individual opened the garden gate during the night, so it is unclear whether they ran away or were stolen.
    Both are female the older dog is 6 years old and neutered, the younger dog is 9 months old and chipped. Both are very friendly and like to hang out in Rusheen Bay (which has been checked repeatedly). If any of you have seen them or know were they are please PM me!

Thanks a million

CC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Ill keep an eye out.Best of luck,hope you find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Do they have any distinguishing features? Or name tags/collars etc? Something to be looking out for in case someone were to walk passed me with 2 labs... to keep an eye out for in case they had taken them without drawing suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I saw a yellow labrador with a collar hanging around across from Rosan Glas on the rahoon road about 20 minutes ago. It appeared to be unaccompanied.

Hope you find them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I would take a spin up by every halting site in Galway and walk by them and have a good look in. I wouldn't go in though. If you know somebody working for Galway City Council; they can drive into these places in a work van without drawing suspicion. Some dogs are taking for fighting.

Hopefully I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

majiktripp wrote: »
    Do they have any distinguishing features? Or name tags/collars etc? Something to be looking out for in case someone were to walk passed me with 2 labs... to keep an eye out for in case they had taken them without drawing suspicion.

Sorry, had to check with my neighbour first: no distinguishing marks, blue collars. The older dog is slightly chubby.

Thanks for all replies so far!

CC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Sorry, had to check with my neighbour first: no distinguishing marks, blue collars. The older dog is slightly chubby.

Thanks for all replies so far!

CC

hope you find them, i will keep a eye out im cappagh road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Read the thread wrong at first and thought it said "two yellow cabs missing" at first
    Hope they are found soon, have friends out that way so will ask them to keep their eyes open if they see anything.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'll keep an eye out here around the Clybaun area, going for a spin to the shops anyway so will do a bit of driving. Hope they turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Thanks to everybody, who was looking out for them. Both dogs have returned - very tired and extremely hungry. No clue where they were. It seems like a miracle that nothing happened to them considering all the extra traffic at the moment!

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Woohoo! thats good news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Thanks to everybody, who was looking out for them. Both dogs have returned - very tired and extremely hungry. No clue where they were. It seems like a miracle that nothing happened to them considering all the extra traffic at the moment!

CC

Probably because the traffic is moving at a snail's pace lately. A blessing in disguise for you :)

Great that they are back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Good to hear they came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Well, the RASCALS!:D

Very relieved to hear that it wasn't a dog snatch.

I think we should all attach padlocks onto our side gates, just to further deter any possible dog snatch.

(Adding it now to my To Do list...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Great! Good end to a bad story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

CC

Mighty!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement