Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which pub should my foreign friend visit if she wants to "hook up?"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dub13 wrote: »
    I was thinking that but she is American and they think different.She could also be super hot and intimidate lads.

Ever the optimist, heh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Surely person who posted original post should know where to take her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Ever the optimist, heh? :)

Yes,in the current climate you have to be.

Why does the OP not take this chick to the next After Hours Beers..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

She should join Odessa. Some companies will pay for the membership...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Bluefoam wrote: »
    She should join Odessa. Some companies will pay for the membership...

It's awful though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LeSageMignon

Hill Billy wrote: »
    It is a bit of a 'given' that she's not. If a bird on her own in any bar in the country couldn't get laid & needs advice on specific 'hook-up' joints to accomplish this, well ... she must be a bit of a boiler. :p

Are you serious? I know loads of gorgeous girls who never meet men in bars. They really are gorgeous, I'm not being biased. Guys are too wussy to go over and chat them up. The ones who do come over are usually sleazy middle-eastern/ east-european blokes *shudder*

Maybe we should go to different bars :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lucyluu

Are you serious? I know loads of gorgeous girls who never meet men in bars. They really are gorgeous, I'm not being biased. Guys are too wussy to go over and chat them up. The ones who do come over are usually sleazy middle-eastern/ east-european blokes *shudder*

Maybe we should go to different bars :-)

I completely agree with LeSageMignon - nice guys do not chat up hot women as they feel too intimidtaed by them. I've been told this twice in the past week by male friends when I've been complaining about not getting men. I'm not saying I'm stunning or anything of the sort, but I take care of myself and dress well and make an effort when I go out and I never never get chatted up except for two exceptions
    + cocky men that are only out for one thing and expect a one night stand - and give you a bot of hassle and insults if that is not what you want
    + the 'ugly lonely' guy in the bar who will annoy you for the night as his tactic is pick the hottest and she might have sympathy on you! I'm not joking here this actually happens. If she goes to Cafe en Seine, make sure she stayes away from the 'ugly lonely' kerry guy in the wine cloured 'slacks' who will promise to take her to Shananahs for dinner and will harrass her all nite as he walks around - and if she refuses her advances he will move to the next hot girl using the same line, and keep returning to her in between every refusal.....

just a small thing though ... irish people dont 'Hook Up' in the same way as Americans..... so tell her to be careful as hooking up here can get her into a situation she might not want to be in.

Advertisement