Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a phone barred.

• 29-05-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

How can I get the phone black listed? I have the 15 digit serial number.

I bought a phone on ebay. In the meantime I received a similar phone as a present. So I decided to sell the one I got from ebay. It was new and hadn't been used. It turns out the buyer used a stolen credit card. There's a chargeback pending on my ebay account.

I'm with Vodafone but didn't make any calls with the phone. Should they do anything for me?

I remember reporting a stolen phone to the guards before and maybe it was just the particular guard but he didn't even note the serial number.

The guy who sold it to me is not replying to my emails

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I really don't see much being achieved out of this to be honest. You can't just go ringing up with serial and asking them to block a phone if you have no proof of ownership / theft / etc.

I'm not really sure where the Gardai juristiction comes into things in terms of ebay and dealing with others. I'd have thought they have very little but I'm no expert.

I would suggest reporting it to the Gardai anyway with proof of ownership + theft and letting them take it from there. You could always send a copy of the docs to the networks too but I really don't think this is going to get you very far.

Does ebay not provide any sort of seller protection for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

I discovered I had made a test call and the network were able to bar it straight away.

I would advise anyone selling to make a call on your own network.
    Random wrote: »
    I

Does ebay not provide any sort of seller protection for this?

Not to paypal account holders in Ireland. They're a complete waste of space

Advertisement