Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Dublin Port from city centre

Options
  • 29-05-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Catching the ferry to liverpool from Dublin tomorrow morning. I've checked the Dublis bus site and not much in the way of buses heading down that direction on a Saturday morning. My Bus into Dublin arrives at 8.30 and I have to check in before 09.00.
    How much would a taxi cost from somewhere around O'Connell Street to the port?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

e9 appx.No 53 is the bus number ,but not very frequent.If your coming in to city from the northside get of the bus in Fairview and hail a taxi ferom there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I shall be on that boat tonight :) May see ye over there :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 53a from Eden quay is the bus serves the ferryport, but according to the timetable it looks like you'll just miss that. I wouldn't expect a taxi to be much more than 6 or 7 euro for the distance you'll be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Thanks for the quick answers people.
    I'll probably just get a taxi then in the morning. Bus drops me off at Eden quay, anyone know the best place to get a taxi from there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is a rank on Eden quay, close to the Laughter Lounge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Walk it there under the rising sun?

Advertisement