Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone remember Cheesy Sausages?

Options
  • 29-05-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right category for this, but does anyone else remember cheesy sausages? I think they were made by Galtee. Whenever I mention them to my friends or family they look at me as if I'm mad. Could someone please let me know did these really exist or did I have a really vivid imagination as a child?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

Yippee....someone else who remembers the tasty goodness of cheesy sausages :) Most my friends think I made them up as well so least you're not alone there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

My sanity is now saved, I wish they would bring them back, even for a little while. The last time they were around we headed into a boom time shortly afterwords, maybe it's the kick start the country needs :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

I remember them too! I'm afraid I wasn't a fan though. Does anyone remember the tomato sauce in a jar that you put on bread to make pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Cheesy sausages (or cheese kranskies as they are called) are quite popular in NZ. You get them in most bakeries that sell pies and things. They're giant sausages split open down the middle and stuffed with cheese.

Now. I love a greasy sausage roll as much as the next girl but these really only look like you could eat them when very, very drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

watna wrote: »
    Cheesy sausages (or cheese kranskies as they are called) are quite popular in NZ. You get them in most bakeries that sell pies and things. They're giant sausages split open down the middle and stuffed with cheese.

Now. I love a greasy sausage roll as much as the next girl but these really only look like you could eat them when very, very drunk!
    That's not the same thing. The Galtee cheesy sausages are just regular Galtee sausages with Galtee cheese pieces in the sausage meat. When you cook them the cheese would melt and ooze out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement