Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reference

• 29-05-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

I want to do a masters in history, and while my ideal masters would leave me in maynooth for another year I'm also applying to other colleges. Now I need two references for each aplication and I've asked two lectures, but one of them has asked me what it needs to include and also who its for. I have no idea what its supposed to detail!!! Does anyone have an idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Ask banquo, he's applying for a post grad too...
    Tell them to include how they had a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭niall3r

Its mostly a character reference as your grades will show what kind of student you are. Its a chance for your lecturer to talk about your dedication and friendlines and most of all your approach to studies. i.e. you may be a genius with good grades who is a lazy, or someone who worked part time but still put in great effort and got a great grade considering your commitments etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Banquo is sending flowers, chocolate and blank cheques to lecturer along with the request for a reference.

I'm gonna set up a meeting with the lecturers I want a reference from. It's harder for them to say no that way.

This thread has as close a makeup to the 38 as we're ever likely to get (inside joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

It depends where you are applying to. Generally they just want to know about your work ethic and ability.

Advertisement