Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing Religion for the LC?

Options
  • 29-05-2009 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

As far as I know, there's only about 32 schools doing it as an official LC subject. I'm the only one in my school who's ever done it and I was wondering if anyone, who was doing it obviously, knows or has an idea of what's predicted for this year? Any tips either? I'm doing it as an extra subject, so the teacher gave me the books to "do at my own pace", ie, I haven't done much in it.. <_<

Also In before go to church/mass/whatever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

heya, ya i'm doing it.
    god help you doing it yourself... its my exra subject too.
    got a few good tips from my teacher so i'll pass them onto you when i type them up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I do it, I wish I didnt tbh.

I really enjoy Section A:Search for Meaning and Values, which introduced me to the joys of Nietzsche :pac:

Hate HATE HATE Section J (I think its J) the science and religion one, that's the option we chose, I'm lost for words when it comes to describing how much I dislike that section!

I'd like a B3 in it :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

What do u all think of the subject? Do u enjoy it/find it interesting/hate it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭f00tball

Have we a couple of nuns and priests in our midst?

f00tball wrote: »

Or budhists or sikhists or imams... u learn about all religions afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

heya, ya i'm doing it.
    god help you doing it yourself... its my exra subject too.
    got a few good tips from my teacher so i'll pass them onto you when i type them upsmile.gif
    Thanks! :D
    I do it, I wish I didnt tbh.

I really enjoy Section A:Search for Meaning and Values, which introduced me to the joys of Nietzsche pacman.gif

Hate HATE HATE Section J (I think its J) the science and religion one, that's the option we chose, I'm lost for words when it comes to describing how much I dislike that section!

I'd like a B3 in it smile.gif.
    Section A is quite enjoyable I must say. Ah, you should have done Issues of Justice And Peace! It's easy!!
    What do u all think of the subject? Do u enjoy it/find it interesting/hate it???
    I really like it. I'm not very religious, hell, barely religious, but I love the subject. I find it really interesting and I WISH there was a proper class of it as it's one of those subjects that reeks of debates (and I LOVE debates. ^^)
    no u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭f00tball

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Or budhists or sikhists or imams... u learn about all religions afaik

Would that not be wild boring. How many classes/hours a week?

Is it after school?

Issues of Justice and Peace was one of the project titles so you cant do that on the exam :(

Priest? Nun? No, atheist!

Fad wrote: »
    Issues of Justice and Peace was one of the project titles so you cant do that on the exam :(

Priest? Nun? No, atheist!
    Wait... What?! O_o
    I did my project on The Dalia Lama and his commitment to non-violence... I can't do Issues of justice and peace for the exam? :S
    The teacher that gave me the books knows nothing about the subject, and he's a priest. XD
    Would that not be wild boring. How many classes/hours a week?

Is it after school?
    Well it depends. Most probably wouldn't find it interesting at all. Some do. Hence only 32 schools(?) in the country have it as a proper subject. :P

MrPirate wrote: »
    Wait... What?! O_o
    I did my project on The Dalia Lama and his commitment to non-violence... I can't do Issues of justice and peace for the exam? :S
    The teacher that gave me the books knows nothing about the subject, and he's a priest. XD

Whatever sections came up as project titles dont come up on the exam itself.

We have it during school as an option, so while others get to study/watch a video we have class :pac: Hideousness..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Thanks! :D

I really like it. I'm not very religious, hell, barely religious, but I love the subject. I find it really interesting and I WISH there was a proper class of it as it's one of those subjects that reeks of debates (and I LOVE debates. ^^)

no u

Trinity have a religion and theology degree jus fyi.

Whatever sections came up as project titles dont come up on the exam itself.

We have it during school as an option, so while others get to study/watch a video we have class :pac: Hideousness..........
    Fad, you have genuinely saved my ass. I didn't know that. Hell, I didn't know that we had a project till about January; found out through a friend in another school! So you just saved me from going into the exam and sh*tting myself when I find no Section F. <3

Fad, you have genuinely saved my ass. I didn't know that. Hell, I didn't know that we had a project till about January; found out through a friend in another school! So you just saved me from going into the exam and sh*tting myself when I find no Section F. <3

I'll dig out my mock paper to check for 100%, but I'm 99% sure :).

I'll dig out my mock paper to check for 100%, but I'm 99% sure :).
    Yeah, I just confirmed it with a friend in the other school. I'm going to do worship, prayer and ritual now anyway.

Yep, no Issues of Justice and Peace question.

What day are your other exams done? If you're in anyway like me, I have 2 full days off before Religion, do you have one of the other books?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RuehlTheWorld

Yup I'm doin it too. I've SEVEN days off before it so I plan on doing about 15 hours maybe a bit more per section.

Hopefully I'll be alright, I'm putting it all off till then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Yep, no Issues of Justice and Peace question.

What day are your other exams done? If you're in anyway like me, I have 2 full days off before Religion, do you have one of the other books?

9 day break for me :D teacher is taken us every day during the break for a few hours.

I think the last exam before religion for me is Economics! Before that.. I can't remember.. But there's a few days in between then anywho.
    For section 3? Nope! :D I'll make due with the internet!

strongr wrote: »
    9 day break for me :D teacher is taken us every day during the break for a few hours.

I had a seven day break before Classics during the JC, didnt help in the SLIGHTEST!

Note:I hated classics more than anything........

I think 2 days is easily enough to do the course!

• Advertisement

For section 3? Nope! :D I'll make due with the internet!

If you want the book for Science and Religion, I could sort you out, I have two.

If you want the book for Science and Religion, I could sort you out, I have two.

I miiiight take you up on that offer. I'll see how I do anyway first, but thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

do you get points for your lc from religion

No, NEVUR!

Imagine that, points? From a subject you study and then do an exam in?

WHAT?!!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

yes same as for every other subject

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

I never knew there was such an exam lol.Is it easy???

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    I never knew there was such an exam lol.Is it easy???

Yeah, it's relatively new to the LC exam subjects. There's no Revise Wise or anything like that for it yet. :/
    Well it depends. It would be an advantage if you were good with english and history and had a relatively open mind to think and consider the things you learn. I find it easy enough!

Advertisement