Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for licence tomorow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

IFA ! great discounts on phone etc ;)

Change over phone rental and ya get FREE membership for 12 months :)

Thanks for that Bunny Shooter, I just changed over!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

No6 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Bunny Shooter, I just changed over!!!!

Changing over myself too ;) Then I'll have CAI, IFA and NARGC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I'm at 6 weeks for them to check the details of my gun, has now been sent to Dublin (or so I am told), wait paitently for another few weeks!!! Anybody know if they will issue licences under the old system one year or will they make us wait for the new three year licences, supposedly due in August??

When you get your license if it is in the current year then you will pay the €38 for whats left of this current year, May and June.

You will then have to pay for next years license when it becomes due, July on.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

What station in Louth are you applying for the licence in? I got mine all done and dusted in about four weeks.

clivej wrote: »
    When you get your license if it is in the current year then you will pay the €38 for whats left of this current year, May and June.

You will then have to pay for next years license when it becomes due, July on.

So it will most likely be july before they issue my licence it now being June!! will the 3 year licence be in by then??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

So it will most likely be july before they issue my licence it now being June!! will the 3 year licence be in by then??

Does a bear sh!te in the woods, your quess is as good as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

midlouth wrote: »
    What station in Louth are you applying for the licence in? I got mine all done and dusted in about four weeks.

Clogherhead is my local station, so the paperwork went to the super in Drogheda. Where did you apply yourself?

Drogheda looked after mine too and they were very quick about it around Aug last year. I was told by my local station to expect a delay as renewals were being issued at the time, but luckily there was no delay. Just have your paper work all in order, it is all you can do when initially applying. Give them a ring in a week or two to follow it up and that it was forwarded on to Drogheda.

clivej wrote: »
    Does a bear sh!te in the woods, your quess is as good as mine.

Typical bear ****e stuff, I met my local Guard at the polling station today, seems that Dublin have no problems with me, the rappidly middle ageing, pillar of society type that I am so I should get my licence in the next few days, I'll end up paying 38 euro for less than a months licence, makes the three year one look cheap!!! Now wheres them bear's!!!:D

Just collected my Licence, I'll pick up my rifle this evening!!!, 7 weeks not to bad!!!:D

• Advertisement

Good luck with it, have fun and be safe.

Good luck, enjoy and be safe ;)

Thanks everyone, I'll hopefully get out this evening and get it set up, even just to fire the first few shots!!:D

Just an up date on my situation and some basic questions. I spoke to the FAO yesterday, he say he is waiting on the paperwork from the Super. He will get back to me then, and that it will then be sent off to Dublin . He told me I can take it for granted that I will get.

My first question is if the Super says yes, can this be overuled in Dublin or if it just a formality? Secondly, they want me to get a gun safe, I went in to my local dealer today, he had just sold his last one, but will have more soon. He told me he stocks two type `costing 175 euro and another for 195.

Now with knowing the model is this a reasonable price for one?

Cheers.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Odysseus wrote: »
    My first question is if the Super says yes, can this be overuled in Dublin or if it just a formality?

If the Super says yes, then you've got the certificate. The folks in the Phoenix Park just handle the paperwork.

IRLConor wrote: »
    If the Super says yes, then you've got the certificate. The folks in the Phoenix Park just handle the paperwork.

Cheers mate, thanks.

You should be able to pick up a gun cabinet for around the 120 mark. Try Clarkes Sports Den in Navan or Top Shop in Drogheda. If it is only one rifle and some amo you are storing then you won't need a massive safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

IRLConor wrote: »

uff... so i think i;m lucky.
    My FO said only that he;s gonna drop by to see what kind of safety stuff i have. btw whats the waiting time for licene (rifle) now? month? 2? somebody said 7 weeks ?!

I'm on month 5 :eek: and I was told yesterday by a dealer that they are issuing no more licences until the new system is up and running. Only thing is he is prone to talk ****e :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

I'm on month 5 :eek: and I was told yesterday by a dealer that they are issuing no more licences until the new system is up and running. Only thing is he is prone to talk ****e :rolleyes:

Bunny, the delay might be due to you giving up your pistols. Before you ask :confused: why. I had a .22lr rifle and put in for a .22 Hornet. I got the 2nd one after alot of phone calls. Had to explane the difference between the two to the super. After awhile I lost interest in the .22lr as the hornet done all I needed it to do. So I sold the .22lr.

Ever since that ANY application ive made has been held up. Ive asked why and have been told that its on my record that I had two rifles in .22 then I sold one (after Ringing and ringing the super over it). So then the super thinks im not serious about my applications and so questions every one of them.

Its the irish way. Seems they would of been happier to let me have the 2 rifles then sell one of them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

chem,

I actually thought he's be happy to get me pistol licence off me and would speed up the application in case I changed me mind :)

It's actually a lot easier than that the Super HATES firearms, don't know why :eek:

As far as he is concerned we don't need any at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

A common affliction with Irish dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

chem,

I actually thought he's be happy to get me pistol licence off me and would speed up the application in case I changed me mind :)

It's actually a lot easier than that the Super HATES firearms, don't know why :eek:

As far as he is concerned we don't need any at all :confused:

Bunny I was thinking the same at the time :o Now it seems he feels I was dicking him about! Or pulling a fast one :rolleyes: God only knows why. Damed if you do, demed if you dont:(

My local FO even advised me to keep the .22lr. Will listen to him from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Little over 4wks for me,licence in hand today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sending off the NPWS paperwork tomorrow, applying for the new rifle when I get it back. Meanwhile, the rifle has to come to the north and I figure out exactly what the process is to import it then. Fun times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Sounds like you might have plenty scope hunting time on your hands
    Did you ask FAO about licence app minus hunt permit?

kakashka wrote: »
    Sounds like you might have plenty scope hunting time on your hands
    Did you ask FAO about licence app minus hunt permit?

Yeah, not a budge on it. I'll be sitting on it for now methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

Hi Everybody,

Posted off Deer Hunting application about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Just wondering should i be looking for a gun licence or will I have to wait til I hear from the NPWS? (Whats the point of having a deer licence with no gun licence?).
    What do you think?

Hi Everybody,

Posted off Deer Hunting application about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Just wondering should i be looking for a gun licence or will I have to wait til I hear from the NPWS? (Whats the point of having a deer licence with no gun licence?).
    What do you think?

My local boys won't budge on accepting the licence application without the deer licence stapled to it. Yours may differ, so give them a call. Presumably you've got a gun in mind, since a serial number was required for the application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

yea RFD helped with app. IE serial nos :rolleyes:but have not picked out a gun yet .Am thinking of time line???

Advertisement